U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM

3,819 posts, read 1,458,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Now everyone wants to diminish the achievements of Giuliani the Magnificent. The contrast between the before and after of Giuliani the Magnificent's election are STARK and JARRING. You had to be there. It doesn't matter that it's continued to decline. The point is it was a WAR ZONE out there before Giuliani the Great and NOBODY believed it could ever change. He showed everyone that it could change and he began to lead us on the long march back into sanity.
Not even Rudy's ex wives and kids believe that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM

318 posts, read 79,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Not even Rudy's ex wives and kids believe that.
Ex kids? Damn, maybe he really was a bastard after all.

Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM

624 posts, read 134,608 times
Quote:
Now everyone wants to diminish the achievements of Giuliani the Magnificent. The contrast between the before and after of Giuliani the Magnificent's election are STARK and JARRING. You had to be there. It doesn't matter that it's continued to decline. The point is it was a WAR ZONE out there before Giuliani the Great and NOBODY believed it could ever change. He showed everyone that it could change and he began to lead us on the long march back into sanity.
I do give him a lot of credit. I think broken windows was worth a try since the situation was so bad. But you have to look at the studies and you can see that's it's not effective and it does have a downside. It ends up pretty much criminalizing the poor and homeless.

Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM

Rudy G benefited from reforms begun by Dinkins as well. RUDY G benefited mightily from being good at the Funerals after 9/11. His reputation was not too great prior if I recall. He had lots of opponents prior to 9/11, he alienated lots of groups.

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Rudy G benefited from reforms begun by Dinkins as well.
I do not have the tongue to address the ridiculousness of this comment.

Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM

But I think we can all agree, despite all our differences, Rudy G is the living image of Dorian Gray' s portrait in the attic.

Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM

Quote:
But I think we can all agree, despite all our differences, Rudy G is the living image of Dorian Gray' s portrait in the attic.
I never said he was a good lookin' fellow.

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope of greenwich village View Post
i do not have the tongue to address the ridiculousness of this comment.
veritas

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

Quote:
His appearance accurately depicts the degeneration of a soul onto his flesh. I did vote for him once. But darn.

Last edited by bxlover; Yesterday at 02:51 PM..

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

125 posts, read 189,695 times
Quote:
Dinkins started the broken Windows policing by hiring a whole bunch of cops. Rudy just kept it going and improved upon it but if it wasn't for Dinkins hiring the cops he did Rudy's policies would have not been as effective. I give credit to Rudy when credit is due. Dinkins needs some credit too even though I know your anti-liberal but its the truth here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City