U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2019, 06:43 AM
 
15 posts, read 2,406 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

I also sent a reputation point.

Next thing you know, Carranza will be removing all of the white crayons from kids crayon boxes because white is not a Crayon Of Color... Carranza says No un crayon de color!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2019, 06:59 AM
 
3,724 posts, read 2,278,000 times
Reputation: 1811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I just don't trust it because Richard Carranza seems like the type to guilt people for being white
Agreed that he is a bit out of control
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 08:53 AM
 
15 posts, read 2,406 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Agreed that he is a bit out of control
You are not prejudiced if you report the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 08:57 AM
 
2,250 posts, read 703,277 times
Reputation: 1622
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
What about the young Italians/Irish in Throggs Neck, Douglaston, Staten Island, Glendale?

They're still in NYC.
They're shrinking. Glendale and Throggs Neck have large, growing Hispanic populations and Douglaston is becoming more Asian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 09:12 AM
 
Location: New York, NY
8,406 posts, read 3,736,008 times
Reputation: 3451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
They're shrinking. Glendale and Throggs Neck have large, growing Hispanic populations and Douglaston is becoming more Asian.
That depends on where in Throggs Neck. Throggs Neck is big and areas of Throggs Neck like Edgewater are still heavily white. The waterfront areas have remained white in Throggs Neck. Glendale still has a sizable white population as well. The only reason those areas are changing is because the kids are selling the homes and moving away entirely. Douglaston is following a trend in Northeast Queens where more Asians are moving in with money, but there are still plenty of whites in Douglaston and Little Neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
150 posts, read 47,914 times
Reputation: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That depends on where in Throggs Neck. Throggs Neck is big and areas of Throggs Neck like Edgewater are still heavily white. The waterfront areas have remained white in Throggs Neck. Glendale still has a sizable white population as well. The only reason those areas are changing is because the kids are selling the homes and moving away entirely. Douglaston is following a trend in Northeast Queens where more Asians are moving in with money, but there are still plenty of whites in Douglaston and Little Neck.
I use to live in Glendale. I miss that neighborhood although I'm glad I left NYC. The section I use to live in was mostly Italian and Polish, but there was a large hispanic population near Ridgewood. The western half of Glendale basically had the same ethnic makeup as Central Ridgewood ( Fresh Pond Rd area ), with lots of Polish, Albanian, and Puerto Rican populations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
8,406 posts, read 3,736,008 times
Reputation: 3451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
I use to live in Glendale. I miss that neighborhood although I'm glad I left NYC. The section I use to live in was mostly Italian and Polish, but there was a large hispanic population near Ridgewood. The western half of Glendale basically had the same ethnic makeup as Central Ridgewood ( Fresh Pond Rd area ), with lots of Polish, Albanian, and Puerto Rican populations.
It's not exactly earth shattering. It's been that way for well over 10 years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
150 posts, read 47,914 times
Reputation: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It's not exactly earth shattering. It's been that way for well over 10 years now.
I lived there from 2005 till 2018 and asides from the slowly growing hipster population very little has changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 01:18 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
8,406 posts, read 3,736,008 times
Reputation: 3451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
I lived there from 2005 till 2018 and asides from the slowly growing hipster population very little has changed.
Those hipsters are a spillover from Ridgewood if anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 01:26 PM
 
2,250 posts, read 703,277 times
Reputation: 1622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
I lived there from 2005 till 2018 and asides from the slowly growing hipster population very little has changed.
I bet that both Ridgewood and Glendale have a larger Hispanic population now than 2005
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top