U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:41 AM

175 posts, read 35,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Glendale yes, but not sure about Ridgewood. Back in 2005 the section near Cypress Avenue, Seneca Avenue etc. was pretty much all Hispanic but now you see White people there too. Glendale, particularly the western half definitely has more hispanics then before though, mainly Puerto Ricans.

There use to be a poster here from Ridgewood, Anon1, who lived in Ridgewood, and always had spot on observations about the area.
Ridgewood is getting full of whites, white hipsters and the like. the percentage of whites is on the rise for sure, as it is in most of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 11:46 AM

26 posts, read 3,572 times
Not all "white people" own car dealerships and are doctors, lawyers or millionaire CEO's. Not all "white people" are born rich and their "white" skin color does not award them the imaginary ultra privilege that you dreamt up. Maybe you have just been living in a cave? You either believe that a bunch of lies and false natatives go across the board for all "white" people, or you have almost no real life knowledge of the USA.

What I see in NYC is a ton of very very privileged people that fall into lazy complacency and arrogance about themselves. Me me me me me me.

It doesn't matter what your skin color is. We all have stupid stuff going on. In NYC we all hide stuff about ourselves. We all live here you numb nuts.

Old 10-03-2019, 12:17 PM

2,283 posts, read 708,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
Do you have evidence of such claims? I dont see white people leaving.
acutually the are coming back from the burbs.
There are plenty of neighborhoods that still have a falling white population

Old 10-03-2019, 12:17 PM

154 posts, read 48,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
Ridgewood is getting full of whites, white hipsters and the like. the percentage of whites is on the rise for sure, as it is in most of the city.
Maybe in Ridgewood, but definitely not most of Queens or the city.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:14 PM

2,283 posts, read 708,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Maybe in Ridgewood, but definitely not most of Queens or the city.
People think that because they see more white people in Bed Stuy and Bushwick, that the whole city is like that.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:33 PM

154 posts, read 48,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
People think that because they see more white people in Bed Stuy and Bushwick, that the whole city is like that.
For every white yuppie that moves into a gentrifying neighborhood, 2 middle class white families are fleeing Queens and not looking back.

Old 10-03-2019, 04:11 PM

4,489 posts, read 1,188,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Neighborhoods change over time. On SI many of the 'old school' people are selling for top dollar to nice quiet hard-working Chinese-American families. That's a natural change unlike the 'white flight' of the 1960s and 1970s which was a reaction to the decay and crime brought into previously stable areas by the new minority residents. Controversial to say but sadly true. deBlasio can't be happy about the growth of the Asian-American population. More and more they vote like the conservative 'old school' folks whose homes they bought.
Opinion:
Yellow is the new Green................

Old 10-03-2019, 04:18 PM

4,489 posts, read 1,188,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay443 View Post
A lot of "minorities" do not even know that the benefits are doled out in a lopsided fashion to "minorities" by minorities while systematically blocking out any non-minorities. An example of this was today some young guy from an Arab country was talking with me about housing in NYC and he told me "Just get the government benefits like me. They will give you a very nice 2 bedroom apartment" and he said it all non-nonchalantly like this is a free housing service easily and immediately available to everyone. The comfort and ease within his dialog was off putting.

Some minorities have an inkling about how this system was hijacked to take advantage of USA born citizens, but some of them must think that everyone gets free handouts. The reality is that non-minorities (for a lack of better words here) are blocked out of their own benefits, jobs, and housing. It is such a mess.
Opinion: Well done. you are woke..............

Old 10-03-2019, 04:23 PM

21,802 posts, read 14,465,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Neighborhoods change over time. On SI many of the 'old school' people are selling for top dollar to nice quiet hard-working Chinese-American families. That's a natural change unlike the 'white flight' of the 1960s and 1970s which was a reaction to the decay and crime brought into previously stable areas by the new minority residents. Controversial to say but sadly true. deBlasio can't be happy about the growth of the Asian-American population. More and more they vote like the conservative 'old school' folks whose homes they bought.
Kind of hard to resist when they keep showing up with bags of cash looking to buy *now*. Other other such aggressive group looking to buy on SI are Orthodox Jews. Both communities are heavily involved in businesses that normally are mostly if not all cash.

Both groups have their own reasons for wanting to buy on SI, but more important seem willing to pay the often obscene prices people are asking. As one stated previously, people on SI now will sell to anyone that meets their (often) inflated number.

Meanwhile others are looking at NJ, PA, NC and other areas where they can get more house/property for their money. Lower taxes, better public schools, etc....

Old 10-04-2019, 07:24 AM

175 posts, read 35,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
thats not what the census data points, the city is getting white.

Since 2000, the proportion of non-Hispanic white New Yorkers increased slightly, to 35.5 percent. So did New York City’s proportion of Hispanic residents, to just over 27 percent. The proportion of blacks declined by a percentage point, to 23.3 percent, and the share of Asian residents rose by almost two percentage points, to nearly 12 percent.

i dont see that white depopulation you are talking about, neither does the census.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or