U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM

6,644 posts, read 6,634,780 times

Advertisements

What is a spa/massage place you like to go to?

and I mean a legit one, not the asian ones that is actually a house of ill repute.

I go to a physical therapist for a back massage, but I want to try a luxurious spa.

I like going to the Nordic/Scandinavian spas in Quebec when I get the chance.

Anyone been to Spa Castle in College point? Are they any good?

Are there any good ones on Long Island? And again, not the prostitute houses either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM

760 posts, read 261,584 times
I came in here expecting to get new knowledge of rub and tug spots I can go to after a stressful day at work and became instantly disappointed

Ill take my exit.....carry on.

Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

1,108 posts, read 2,377,957 times
Try groupon... Plenty of them! And they are legit. Read reviews and find a deal you are looking for! I do not commit to any spa with tons of deals on Groupon.

Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM

3,765 posts, read 1,453,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
I came in here expecting to get new knowledge of rub and tug spots I can go to after a stressful day at work and became instantly disappointed

Ill take my exit.....carry on.
I'm sure you know where to go.... For that.

Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

447 posts, read 210,566 times
Spa castle is a dump. Stay away at all cost.

If you are into Sauna and Steam rooms, you cant beat Russian spas.
First of all the heat of Saunas is real good, then the ice pool and steam room is also up there. Other Saunas look like childs play in comparison.
Also, you can dine and have cold beer usually on premises and food is very good usually.

There is one in Fidi, on wall street I believe.

Enjoy.

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

653 posts, read 611,159 times
Was hoping for the “good” spots, I guess that deserves its own thread.

I like Spa 88, its one of the best Russian spa’s I’ve been to. Delicious fruit drinks and food as well.

Old Today, 05:44 AM

2,331 posts, read 2,887,397 times
For years I worked at Great Jones Spa in Noho, I highly recommend the place if you want a full spa experience and occasionally running into a celebrity (if that’s your thing).

However my fave place to go to is Fishion Herb Center on Mott and canal. Nothing fancy about it but the quality of the work for massages is top notch. Also getting acupuncture there has changed my life and I recommend it.

Old Today, 06:33 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,241,033 times
This thread is BS!

Old Today, 10:37 AM

5,401 posts, read 2,102,322 times
Not all Asian spas are "houses of ill repute."

I have had GREAT massages on E. Eighth St.

Old Today, 01:33 PM

2,339 posts, read 706,582 times
It's hard unless you want to pay like $200 per session.

There are the cheap Asian places (the ones Women go to as well ) but quality is a crapshoot.

The Official (usually European or American) LMTs in my area generally you have to book well ahead which usually doesn't work for my ad hoc work schedule. And naturally they cost more, and they usually are better for treating specific problems or injuries rather than for boosting general circulation.

Spa Castle I would go for the Rock salt therapy rooms or Infared booths, Sauna etc. more than for the massage. The massages were priced ridiculously high.

There used to be a ton of great quality massage parlors in Western Queens now it's a desert and hit or miss. (Brooklyn I don't know but Sunset Park probably has your "houses of ill repute" you are trying to avoid )

If you're in Manhattan though you should be able to throw a rock and hit 10. But to your point, it's anyone's guess as to whether they will be "houses of ill repute" or not

Check Yelp and Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City