U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM

6,537 posts, read 6,073,505 times

Advertisements

Targets really expanding in Manhattan.
Another one coming to 60th and Broadway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:52 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,727,874 times
I may actually use this one. There's another one opening on the Upper East. If they carry basics like Bounty in bulk I may go for it, but some of the Manhattan locations are grossly overpriced for such basic things. You can get a better deal at CVS.

Old Today, 07:54 AM

21,822 posts, read 28,926,061 times
I don't much care for Target.

Old Today, 08:04 AM

11,451 posts, read 22,054,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I may actually use this one. There's another one opening on the Upper East. If they carry basics like Bounty in bulk I may go for it, but some of the Manhattan locations are grossly overpriced for such basic things. You can get a better deal at CVS.
Are the prices for items different than pricing at Targets in Queens and Brooklyn? That seems unfair.

Old Today, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Are the prices for items different than pricing at Targets in Queens and Brooklyn? That seems unfair.
They most certainly are. I go to the one in Tribeca sometimes to look for an item or two after I stop at Whole Foods and am just amazed. Sometimes I opt to get it at another Target entirely. The mark-up on the Manhattan locations compared to Queens and Brooklyn is just ridiculous. I went to buy some razor blades and even those were marked up, but the cashier did something and gave them to me based on the price online, which can also be lower than what the stores charge.

I saw a lot of people on Yelp complaining about it too. Supposedly if you ask at the store, they can offer you the price online, but some people have been shot down. Likely depends on the employee. Since I carry my own bags, I do get the maximum allowed on the bags though at the register, which is $.20.

Old Today, 09:25 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,064,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Duane Reade/Walgreen stores in Manhattan have different pricing depending on it's location (stores in the more touristy areas are pricier) so I can imagine prices being different at a different borough. H&M too vary in pricing depending on the branch all within the same borough, Manhattan.

Old Today, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I don't much care for Target.
I don't either. I only shop for the bare basics, and mainly food staples like organic cereal. If you like Cascadian Farms, you can get a nice deal on a few boxes. Their organic selection in terms of meats is almost next to none, so I don't bother with that, and most the fruit selection is not great either (not local most times). The only thing I really go for there is to get the Harry razors. They are kind of expensive, so I either opt for the 4 pack or the 8 pack, but they do last a while so it sort of evens out. Aside from that I may pick up some bottled water and maybe a few snacks, but overall their selection in terms of GMO free and organic is pretty lackluster. They have stopped carrying certain brands too so I come out with less and less. However for Bounty and toilet paper, it's still a decent deal to buy there in bulk depending on the location, and I do like that they have self-checkout now, so I can shop and checkout quickly.

If you aren't going for food and other basics, I find that just about everything there is made in China.

Old Today, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Duane Reade/Walgreen stores in Manhattan have different pricing depending on it's location (stores in the more touristy areas are pricier) so I can imagine prices being different at a different borough. H&M too vary in pricing depending on the branch all within the same borough, Manhattan.
Most of the Duane Reade's are now closed and for good reason. Grossly overpriced and the cashiers had some of the worst attitudes. Stopped shopping there years ago... At least with CVS they do have some deals and there's self-checkout.

Old Today, 10:50 AM

2,223 posts, read 1,470,366 times
The prices at the Lower East Side Target are the same as online and any other Target I've gone to, including but not limited to Chicagoland, Cambridge, Indiana, and New Jersey. I don't buy in bulk, so I have no reason to really go to any other Targets other than the closest one. I'm confused.

Old Today, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
The prices at the Lower East Side Target are the same as online and any other Target I've gone to, including but not limited to Chicagoland, Cambridge, Indiana, and New Jersey. I don't buy in bulk, so I have no reason to really go to any other Targets other than the closest one. I'm confused.
They may have stopped with the mark-ups in some locations because of customer backlash. When I saw the mark-ups on some things, I simply walked out without them. That's the whole point of shopping at Target in the first place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or