U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 06:32 PM

6 posts, read 878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
It's not guarantee. You have A LOT of taxi competition. Yellow cabs, green cabs, private car service, Uber, Lyft, and Via. Then factor in gas, insurance, the TLC fees, parking, credit card terminal fees, etc.
If you only have one NYC medallion and have no car/parking, how much can you get weekly by renting it out nowadays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 09:02 PM

4 posts, read 247 times
in my option now is the perfect time to buy a medallion, been following the taxi industry closely.. Uber/Lyft keep having problem in nyc, drivers are tired of driving for them low pay and very high expenses.. Yellow never decrease the rates so a lot of driver are turning back to yellow others are getting 9-5 jobs..I believe Uber is on going down ,, very soon!

Old Yesterday, 06:00 AM

8,532 posts, read 5,558,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guap06 View Post
in my option now is the perfect time to buy a medallion, been following the taxi industry closely.. Uber/Lyft keep having problem in nyc, drivers are tired of driving for them low pay and very high expenses.. Yellow never decrease the rates so a lot of driver are turning back to yellow others are getting 9-5 jobs..I believe Uber is on going down ,, very soon!
You believe that Yellow Cabs are better. There is too much competition for them. Unless, you got in early (80s) and have the medallion paid off.

Uber going down very soon... Not likely. I got on a Tesla Model 3 yesterday (carpool from Ft.Lee back to Washington Heights) and that is the future of Taxi.

Old Yesterday, 06:43 AM

4 posts, read 247 times
I guess you haven’t watch the news lately .what happened in California is prime a example of how Uber is doing .. drivers aren’t doing well and as of right now drivers are the backbone of Uber ..
Self driving cars will take 10 plus years to come to a city like NYC

Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM

157 posts, read 72,687 times
If you can pay for 2 medallions in cash, then it is still a good investment. Buying just one is not going to work because you will be required to drive the cab. And financing for two is going to be hard to get.

Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM

13,488 posts, read 9,136,437 times
I don't think the medallions will ever reach a mil or even 1/2 ever again. It's been diluted by the amount of ridesharing drivers. I don't even think cars are the future as NYC increasing becoming anti-car and we may see the above ground trolly system get built. Because digging tunnels and subways are a slow and outdated tech.

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

4 posts, read 247 times
That’s why there a cab now !! DEBOZO was the only who didn’t get pay by Uber so he is making they life very hard .

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,672,545 times
That price seems off. Even if it was a million a few years ago.the green taxi is going for $20000 -$40000 , so it's incredible.

It is lucrative business on wheels, but realize the standards that are required to keep things correct.

I hope these yellow taxi folks can find a way to sue the city for allowing the Uber nonsense. Way oversaturated, and likely cause for this new congestion pricing non sense. Lotta new jobs for the working stiff, but everyone gets screwed for it.

Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM

778 posts, read 264,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
That price seems off. Even if it was a million a few years ago.the green taxi is going for $20000 -$40000 , so it's incredible.

It is lucrative business on wheels, but realize the standards that are required to keep things correct.

I hope these yellow taxi folks can find a way to sue the city for allowing the Uber nonsense. Way oversaturated, and likely cause for this new congestion pricing non sense. Lotta new jobs for the working stiff, but everyone gets screwed for it.
that uber nonsense help put the yellow cabs in their place from discriminating against people like me. If you ever been in similar scenario below you understand why most people don't give a rats ass about the NYC cabbies:

- told you must pay in cash before they start driving to your destination.
- kicked out of the cab once you tell them your destination is in the Bronx
- avoid picking you up but pick up the white individual further up on the same block
- when someone just jump out and you jump in and they tell you they off the clock

Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM

20,341 posts, read 35,352,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
that uber nonsense help put the yellow cabs in their place from discriminating against people like me. If you ever been in similar scenario below you understand why most people don't give a rats ass about the NYC cabbies:

- told you must pay in cash before they start driving to your destination.
- kicked out of the cab once you tell them your destination is in the Bronx
- avoid picking you up but pick up the white individual further up on the same block
- when someone just jump out and you jump in and they tell you they off the clock
All of the above

I have had nothing but pleasant experiences using Uber, and I tip every driver.

Can't say the same for yellow cabs.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City