U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM

3,822 posts, read 1,463,757 times

Advertisements

Vhttps://archinect.com/stv1/project/s...venue-bronx-ny these steps take the cake. It uses to be twice the size, they have shortened it and made it metal. I wonder if anyone has pics of the old ones. 183 st and Webster and the area around it is truly a wild area. I grew up seeing the worst dysfunction and violence the City has to offer. You have seen the area, you know. But many amazing beautiful and kind things as well. We can never just dismiss a communities people because of the bad element present there.

Last edited by bxlover; Yesterday at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM

8,406 posts, read 3,736,008 times
Most of the step streets are in upper Manhattan and the western parts of the Bronx because those areas are the hilliest.

Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM

My wife saw the film " The Exorcise " back in the day. She said the scene when the Priest fell down the stairs was fresh when leaving the theatre and going home when she went down the stairs like the ones in the West Bronx,that looked like the stairs from the movie.

Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,672,545 times
Da bronx has the most street steps, next to Manhattan.

Hilly parts of the other borosilicate have them as well.
There's gotta be a website that has this documented already.

Cant see myself living near all them steps,especially in winter.

Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM

573 posts, read 851,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Yep. still there, walked these several times a week (particularly the 74th Street one) for 19 years until I moved out from Bay Ridge this past spring.

Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

20,333 posts, read 35,352,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Vhttps://archinect.com/stv1/project/s...venue-bronx-ny these steps take the cake. It uses to be twice the size, they have shortened it and made it metal. I wonder if anyone has pics of the old ones. 183 st and Webster and the area around it is truly a wild area. I grew up seeing the worst dysfunction and violence the City has to offer. You have seen the area, you know. But many amazing beautiful and kind things as well. We can never just dismiss a communities people because of the bad element present there.
Yeah, it used to be all concrete!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM

8,537 posts, read 20,604,265 times
Quote:
Those steps look darn right luxurious
because they are in Manhattan.

Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
because they are in Manhattan.
Yep, I know. Well the streets are paved with gold there.

Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,065,827 times
Quote:
My wife saw the film " The Exorcise " back in the day. She said the scene when the Priest fell down the stairs was fresh when leaving the theatre and going home when she went down the stairs like the ones in the West Bronx,that looked like the stairs from the movie.
The same thing popped into my head when I saw this thread. The stairs from that movie! Some things stay with you. lol.

Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,065,827 times
Quote:
They certainly do. Man, those steps look scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or