U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM

3,822 posts, read 1,463,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
They certainly do. Man, those steps look scary.
The steps used to descend on two landings. We used to run up and down on the other side for exercise. They are more narrow now, too. The cliffs we used to climb them as kids. The building I grew up in that you see bits of is 365 E 183st the building the infamous Larry Davis got captured in. That building is huge and has a maze of stairways. A shame the building is really nice. I grew up in a duplex apartment with a balcony and a sit down dining room. If that building ever goes Coop or Condo I am running to get my old apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:02 AM

2,806 posts, read 3,644,143 times
I love step streets (on the way down anyway)! The stairs on West 229th St were reconstructed (finished in the spring I think) and look swanky too.

https://www.bxtimes.com/stories/2019...-05-31-bx.html

According to the article the change in elevation is 63 feet, and there are 2 other staircases (smaller ones) to get to Sedgewick Ave from Heath Avenue. Going up is no joke but it's quick to get to Inwood or Target from Kingsbridge Heights.

Old Today, 08:03 AM

2,806 posts, read 3,644,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Vhttps://archinect.com/stv1/project/s...venue-bronx-ny these steps take the cake. It uses to be twice the size, they have shortened it and made it metal. I wonder if anyone has pics of the old ones. 183 st and Webster and the area around it is truly a wild area. I grew up seeing the worst dysfunction and violence the City has to offer. You have seen the area, you know. But many amazing beautiful and kind things as well. We can never just dismiss a communities people because of the bad element present there.
Wow those look so cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or