U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2019, 04:03 PM

21,813 posts, read 14,483,706 times

Advertisements

No, Saint Patrick's cathedral isn't in any danger of coming down (though the church recently made a bundle selling off air rights), plenty of other churches, synagogues and other religious owned property has been sold off, and more is coming.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/04/r...n-to-sell.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 01:49 PM

11,291 posts, read 9,638,778 times
They can have their cake and eat it too. Sell the building and land, with the proviso that the developer build them a new facility in the base of the new building. The developer can build condos on top.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:49 AM

20,387 posts, read 35,383,158 times
https://www.newyorkyimby.com/2017/10...ue-queens.html

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-06-2019, 07:16 PM

44 posts, read 6,519 times
Walked over to St Pats Cathedral the other day to get my spiritual life tuned up. The only thing tempting me was the Victorias Secrets store right across the street! I walked in there before going into church and let me tell you. VS has some new designs out. It is looking like soft BDSM outfits? Very racy! Oh yeah and then I went to Saturday evening mass which suffices for not being there on Sunday.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:07 PM

21,813 posts, read 14,483,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay443 View Post
Walked over to St Pats Cathedral the other day to get my spiritual life tuned up. The only thing tempting me was the Victorias Secrets store right across the street! I walked in there before going into church and let me tell you. VS has some new designs out. It is looking like soft BDSM outfits? Very racy! Oh yeah and then I went to Saturday evening mass which suffices for not being there on Sunday.
Growing up we used to call Sunday evening services "dirty stay out" or "teen" Mass. That was because all those who weren't awake (or even home yet) Sunday morning dragged themselves to church. Usually because their mother or someone got at them for being out late and or not coming home until early afternoon.

Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM

449 posts, read 211,617 times
More and more people especially younger crowd understands that religion is the biggest bull**** ever sold. It’s the oldest of sheit on the market and it’s pretty much expired. I mean, you really have to have sheit for brain to think there is an imaginary boogie man waiting for you when you drop dead.

Religion was a way of controlling people back in the day. Now you have stupid media and internet. Also Russia. If you aren’t good Putin himself will come and castrate you in your sleep.
Now if you believe in Jesus, you might as well believe in Putin castrating you in your sleep.

Old Today, 12:19 PM

203 posts, read 148,876 times
Way too many tax free religious buildings out there.
They're real estate companies masquerading as religion.
The Episcopal Church owns over $6 Billion worth of real estate in Manhattan alone.
We pay more tax to support those deadbeats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or