U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2019, 08:26 PM
 
77 posts, read 97,514 times
Reputation: 29

Advertisements

Or how about those people who go to sit down and can't do it gently. They have to "drop" themselves down into the seat, and oftentimes, will fall right on your lap! They hang onto the pole, and just let go and WHOOOOOPPPSSS right into the seat, with no consideration of the people sitting next to them. Classy move thick people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-09-2019, 01:13 AM
 
549 posts, read 146,216 times
Reputation: 773
What bugs me most is putting a bag in a seat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2019, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,890 posts, read 29,012,417 times
Reputation: 9975
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
What bugs me most is putting a bag in a seat.

How about putting 4 non-fare-paying children in seats on a crowded train?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2019, 06:10 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,890 posts, read 29,012,417 times
Reputation: 9975
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
So again the answer is still “it’s what you’re eating”.

No, it is HOW MUCH you are eating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2019, 07:50 AM
 
Location: New York, NY
2,857 posts, read 2,414,007 times
Reputation: 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
No, it is HOW MUCH you are eating.
It's both!

Some foods have a higher glycemic index and can spike blood sugar.

Having a slice of bacon - while higher in calories is not the same as having a slice of bread, which spikes your blood sugar and leads to insulin resistance and weight gain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2019, 07:55 AM
 
Location: San Diego
36,431 posts, read 32,990,995 times
Reputation: 20733
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Why don't you all just enjoy the physical contact?
Personally, I don't like BO and sweat that isn't mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2019, 07:58 AM
 
Location: San Diego
36,431 posts, read 32,990,995 times
Reputation: 20733
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Damn skippy. The ignorance is 5 stars and completely illustrates my point of the last bastion of bias. And they kick it around like some virtue. Most overweight people I know eat a LOT less calories than those who are skinny.
The law of physics say you cannot create mass from thin air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2019, 10:41 AM
 
2,577 posts, read 3,612,050 times
Reputation: 2131
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Damn skippy. The ignorance is 5 stars and completely illustrates my point of the last bastion of bias. And they kick it around like some virtue. Most overweight people I know eat a LOT less calories than those who are skinny.
I call bullshyt on this one. Are you 100% certain of the daily, weekly and monthly total caloric intake of the overweight vs skinny people? Are you also factoring the amount of calories burdened by the overweight vs skinny people? Loosing weight is a precise measurement of calories in vs calories out. The problem is that people always miscalculate the amount of calories they consume vs what they’ve burned! How many calories does one think are in that salad they just made vs how many calories are really in that salad they just made... you also have to be consistent with the calorie deficiency. People get lazy and cheat. It’s really hard to be consistent with the process over time. That’s why “fad” diets work so well for short term weight loss at least. They are really just tricks to help you manage what you’re eating and lessen caloric intake. If your diet doesn’t allow you to eat simple carbs or dairy (like breads and white rice and cheese and sour cream) well that burrito you usually eat for lunch just turned into a salad bowl and is 500 calories less than what you’ve been eating normally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2019, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,890 posts, read 29,012,417 times
Reputation: 9975
Fat people consume fewer calories in the 10% of their lives they are dieting and actually COUNTING their calories. The other 90% of the time they are clueless and shoving food in willy nilly.


stormgal,
You really fell for that Atkins/keto nonsense, didn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2019, 07:43 AM
 
Location: New York, NY
2,857 posts, read 2,414,007 times
Reputation: 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Fat people consume fewer calories in the 10% of their lives they are dieting and actually COUNTING their calories. The other 90% of the time they are clueless and shoving food in willy nilly.


stormgal,
You really fell for that Atkins/keto nonsense, didn't you?

Back in 2015, I dated someone who was on Keto, and they kind of encouraged me to be on it. On my first week on that diet, I went from 125 to 115 lbs. I haven't weighed below 120 lbs since high school. So from my personal experience, bread and carbs together is definitely what makes people fat - of course, higher calories as well. But I believe this based on my personal experience.

Not too long ago, Jennifer Lopez starred as a stripper in the movie, "Hustler." She had lost a lot of weight. Ellen asked her how she did it and she specifically said, "I gave up sugar and carbs"
That's exactly what Keto is.

Here is her saying so - and look at her body - start at 2:55 and.. check out her body at 3:56 - that is amazing.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDuGzoM3BU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top