U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM

531 posts, read 139,182 times

Advertisements

1 was 83
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM

2,892 posts, read 3,827,252 times
The city's department of homeless services has a 2 Billion annual budget. For the approximately 60k homeless residents of NYC that works out to roughly $30k per year per person. Bezos, Gates, Buffet not even you or I's money is the issue, the issue is legally no city agency, advocacy group, non-profit nor the NYPD can truly force anyone to accept help. Just now on channel 2 they're talking about the homeless on the subways and how they're going to step up outreach. Here's how 90% of those convos are going to go:

"Hi, I'm Charles from (Insert non-profit/city agency) here with officer Rodriguez of (Insert Precinct), and we'd like to explain the services we have on offer for you"

Homeless Man: *Dirty Look*

"There's several soup kitchens in the area, and we can have you in a warm clean bed tonight. Can we interest you in coming with us?"

Homeless Man: "No"

"We can help with job training or getting disability, come out of the station with us so we can talk"

Homeless Man: "NO"

"We're not here to arrest you or force you anywhere, we just want you to receive the help you deserve"

Homeless Man: "Me and my best friend George [doesn't exist] have been sleeping on this bench since 2004, I don't want your stinkin food or CIA cell, GET OUT OF HERE"

"Have a good night"

The above isn't me trying to be an ass. I was homeless once. The fact is that there are many different ways to end up on the streets, BUT it is a *choice* to stay there. The only way out is to make shelter mandatory, supposedly Cali is already thinking about taking that step.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,068,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
1 was 83
I know. That got me too. Lord, have mercy. RIP. smh.

Old Today, 07:09 AM

394 posts, read 140,074 times
So now it seems some do-gooder organization paid his bail, and that is why he was roaming the streets.

Thanks Libs!!

Last edited by under a mountain; Today at 07:30 AM..

Old Today, 08:18 AM

8,526 posts, read 6,517,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
so now it seems some do-gooder organization paid his bail
epic stupidity!!!

“Compassion” Comes to Chinatown
Until progressives reconsider their support for decriminalization and aversion to committing mentally unstable people, massacres like this weekend’s are inevitable.

https://www.city-journal.org/homeless-murders-chinatown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or