Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 06:06 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,868,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Even you can’t actually believe the nonsense you spew.
Anyone against immigrants is against Black people. No one can look at me and tell the difference between me and a Jamaican, Haitian, Cuban, or Brazilian, or a Nigerian. They are all my people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 06:58 PM

201 posts, read 84,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Anyone against immigrants is against Black people. No one can look at me and tell the difference between me and a Jamaican, Haitian, Cuban, or Brazilian, or a Nigerian. They are all my people.
Just knock it off already. And also put down the bottle.

Old 10-13-2019, 07:54 PM

18,922 posts, read 13,809,612 times
As long as he realizes that the only reason he’s allowed to spew his nonsense is for comedy relief, we’re all square.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-13-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
As long as he realizes that the only reason he’s allowed to spew his nonsense is for comedy relief, we’re all square.
No, because you all know it's true.

If you love African Americans so much invite some in from East New York to where you live in Staten Island to integrate the neighborhood.

I'm sure you would never do that. Just like you don't want "illegals" around, you don't really want "legal" people of color around either.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:28 PM

Btw, notice how people like Giuliani or Trump never get any significant support from Black Americans. Most voting African Americans would agree with me. They/we voted for De Blasio, not Lhota in 2013.

African Americans by in large vote Democrat, and for the same politicians that support immigration and for the same politicians that have large Hispanic, and Asian bases.

Old 10-14-2019, 06:05 AM

15,941 posts, read 6,729,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I kid you not, she is slamming De Blasio not for trying to close Rikers, but for TRYING TO HAVE A PLACE TO PUT THOSE INMATES

https://sunnysidepost.com/ocasio-cor...r-no-new-jails

So question to you liberal progressives, when will you decide you have gone too far? And will it be too late?
Opinion: Come time.............Vote her out..................

Old 10-14-2019, 06:40 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,651,628 times
Rikers has become a huge money pit for taxpayers of NYC to run ($1.36 billion). Its conditions and high profile aftermath deaths (Kalief Brower) have turned Rikers into a huge legal and PR liability!

The problem is, that very few people want the jails in the boroughs, even though it may be a necessary reality.

The following are heavily against the plan.....
NIMBYs. No neighborhood, good or bad, rich or poor, wants a facility in its neighborhood
Correction officers, who lose jobs
Very progressive social justice advocates, who advocate de-criminalization, like disbanding police and permanently ending the incarceration system

Old 10-14-2019, 07:52 AM

201 posts, read 84,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Btw, notice how people like Giuliani or Trump never get any significant support from Black Americans. Most voting African Americans would agree with me. They/we voted for De Blasio, not Lhota in 2013.

African Americans by in large vote Democrat, and for the same politicians that support immigration and for the same politicians that have large Hispanic, and Asian bases.
Where do you get all of this from?

Old 10-14-2019, 09:19 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,649,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
But for real. Many industrial zones exist in the 5 boros,where residents should not give a rats ... about.
Can't do it, it would make the prisoners feed bad to not be part of a neighborhood

- AOC

Old 10-14-2019, 09:22 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,649,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Rikers has become a huge money pit for taxpayers of NYC to run ($1.36 billion). Its conditions and high profile aftermath deaths (Kalief Brower) have turned Rikers into a huge legal and PR liability!

The problem is, that very few people want the jails in the boroughs, even though it may be a necessary reality.
Kapi had a good idea, put them in industrial zones. But that's besides the point because we ALREADY HAVE A PLACE TO PUT THEM - it's called Rikers Island. It's a perfect place and WE ALREADY HAVE IT. If the conditions are bad then fix the f***ng conditions! Don't just let out the rapists and burglars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: