Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 06:21 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,682,286 times

Advertisements

While I agree that it is disingenuous for AOC to have spun the "poor Bronx girl" narrative to win... you guys are really stretching here. She's in office, deal with it. She actually does care about poor people who I find commendable coming from ANYONE, rich or poor.

You don't have to BE poor to help the poor or understand their plight. Perhaps if our country had more middle and upper income people caring about the poor, we'd be in a better place.

Such misplaced, ridiculous and sad anger. Have you helped your neighbors today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 06:58 AM

425 posts, read 391,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay443 View Post

Come to City Data it only gets worse here. Making 75K complaining about living in Williamsburg, with a kid, and paying zillions per year on hair care, plus you come on City Data to spew your victimhood... Go shave your head and wear a hat instead. Spending all your money on salons and you have a kid... That is just stupid ghetto. Let me guess you are a single parent???
You mad?

If she is fighting for the poor while making what the standard rate for being a politician is, and spending that money is it really being hypocritical?

Want to get her on something that she is doing against what she preaches? See what she pays her staff. See what goes against what she is stating?

Local services tend to be locally owned, so if anything money going there is in line with her message somewhat, not the opposite.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:01 AM

201 posts, read 85,007 times

With this, how can you twist any of those statements any other way but being a totally pampered college kid?

There is nothing hard or poor about being in a university. It is like the dream of all people around the entire world to just sit and hang out at classes learning studying and taking notes. It is for the super ultra privelged and today the colleges actively shut straight men out with Gender Cleansing that continues even now that female graduates have long outnumbered men in every category. Yes in every category. The Gender Cleansing Committees still go beserk if they find "More men are enrolled in trade classes" or law enforcement so the commitees go ape and chase men away from every trade they are found outnumbering females, ad nauseam.

AOCs college stats are that of an overly privileged and groomed diversity champion. Boston University is probably not the hard knox. Those colleges helped her so much. Why would anybody think that is the way of poor people? She started on third base.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:11 AM

201 posts, read 85,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
She actually does care about poor people who I find commendable coming from ANYONE, rich or poor.
That is only your opinion. I have seen no evidence of her "caring for the poor". What a crock.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:17 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
While I agree that it is disingenuous for AOC to have spun the "poor Bronx girl" narrative to win... you guys are really stretching here. She's in office, deal with it. She actually does care about poor people who I find commendable coming from ANYONE, rich or poor.

You don't have to BE poor to help the poor or understand their plight. Perhaps if our country had more middle and upper income people caring about the poor, we'd be in a better place.

Such misplaced, ridiculous and sad anger. Have you helped your neighbors today?
How exactly has she helped the poor besides the numerous speeches of what she is going to do, etc?

Old 10-15-2019, 07:19 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
How exactly has she helped the poor besides the numerous speeches of what she is going to do, etc?
She wants to be generous with other people's money and give it to them (after her cut, of course)

Old 10-15-2019, 07:32 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I know that AOC is on the right track because she is giving so many of you neo-Nazis apoplexy.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:33 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I know that AOC is on the right track because she is giving so many of you neo-Nazis apoplexy.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:01 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Neo-Nazis??

Old 10-15-2019, 08:03 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Neo-Nazis??
Getting senile I think. Anybody who doesn't get with the program on the left gets sorted into that bucket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City