Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 09:40 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,758,292 times

Advertisements

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/us/fo...ing/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/n...-shooting.html

An early morning shooting left four men dead and at least three other people wounded on Saturday at a Brooklyn social club where illegal gambling was taking place, the police said.

The police said the motive for the shooting was not immediately clear, though investigators ruled out gang activity. No suspects had been identified.

The victims ranged in age from 32 to 49 and were struck by more than 15 bullets fired inside the club just before 7 a.m., the police said.

Two of the people killed resided in other states and the other two were from Brooklyn. Three other people, two men and a woman, suffered gunshots wounds but were expected to survive. An eighth person was hospitalized with a leg injury incurred while trying to escape, the police said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 09:42 AM

34,003 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Not far from the precinct. Those 77 guys are right in the fire a lot. Same with 47 in the Bx. 46 in the BX too.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-12-2019, 09:48 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,758,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Not far from the precinct. Those 77 guys are right in the fire a lot. Same with 47 in the Bx. 46 in the BX too.
I'm just interested because I think illegal gambling parties are at play here in Queens. No one has died (that I know of) but shots have been fired (right out there in the street) around 3 AM in the morning. It's always the same group of people (10-15) roaming around or heading towards their car (they don't live in the area) at 3 AM in the morning acting really loud & disorderly passing thru a quiet area where everyone's sleeping.

Cops are called and they don't arrest anyone; just gather around, making their presence known, trying to get the unruly people into their cars and home instead of acting up on the street at 3 AM in the morning. There are no clubs or bars here so where are these people going to...and heading back home from... acting all drunk, loud & crazy in the dead of night in a quiet area where they don't live.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:49 AM

111 posts, read 141,475 times
Quote:
Yeah it’s literally a stones throw from the precinct. Right around the corner from the sanitation garage where I work too.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I'm just interested because I think illegal gambling parties are at play here in Queens. No one has died (that I know of) but shots have been fired (right out there in the street) around 3 AM in the morning. It's always the same group of people (10-15) roaming around or heading towards their car (they don't live in the area) at 3 AM in the morning acting really loud & disorderly passing thru a quiet area where everyone's sleeping. Cops are called and they don't arrest anyone but gather around, making their presence known, trying to get the unruly people into their cars and home instead of acting up on the street at 3 AM in the morning.
My thing is 7 AM??? What kind of party is that??? Did it start then or was it an all-nighter??? I dont party anymore but sheesh

Old 10-12-2019, 10:01 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,498,140 times
If you ever worked midnight shift, you know there are places to go after work (in the early am) to drink and pretty much anything else you want.

Old 10-12-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
If you ever worked midnight shift, you know there are places to go after work (in the early am) to drink and pretty much anything else you want.
Thats a fact (I've heard)

You're right

Old 10-12-2019, 10:06 AM

111 posts, read 141,475 times
Quote:
My thing is 7 AM??? What kind of party is that??? Did it start then or was it an all-nighter??? I dont party anymore but sheesh
It’s an after hours spot. That was my first thought too. Shooting at 7am? Should have been in bed sleeping.

Old 10-12-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriefOneNYC View Post
It’s an after hours spot. That was my first thought too. Shooting at 7am? Should have been in bed sleeping.
7 AM, the sun is out, its not even grey anymore (in lieu of the weather).

Old 10-12-2019, 03:40 PM

821 posts, read 773,209 times
Looks like there was gambling going on here and one person tried to rob others and then someone else pulled out their gun and killed the original shooter

https://nypost.com/2019/10/12/4-dead...klyn-shooting/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City