Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 08:20 PM

2,450 posts, read 971,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
No way they should be allowed to change it now. Let them pay for their perp love.
I'm fine with bail reform as long as the savages maim and kill each other. If they are oozing into my hood I should be allowed to defend myself. With the way bail reform is set up, I should be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 12:04 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,460,687 times
I've seen it. Do you remember 1992?

People need to get scared/pissed enough. We're not there yet, but we're getting close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Lets face it, their constituents are louder and are the voting majority. Forget Republicans, do conservative/moderate Democrats stand a chance in progressive NYC? I don't think so.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:37 PM

30 posts, read 13,525 times
They lie.

The bail reform was planned out in advance much more in depth than the public realizes. They planned it so that they will always be one step ahead of the curve. Even this announcement to "Rethink" things was already planned out long before anybody even knew about it.

Old 01-04-2020, 02:25 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
There's a time right after Bloomberg leaving and DeBlasio taking over when the city was at its best. Crime trending down as gentrification pushing the poor out and developers popping champagnes with each development taking off. Businesses were booming and you see rents started popping as millennials started flocking to NYC. Now after 4+ years of DeBlasio he's taking NYC to the reversal. Businesses leaving, especially retail, small iconic ones, and only those franchises that can afford to stay. More and more millennials are now leaving the area or finding ways to screw the landlords with many of the pro tenant legislations. Now that bail reform is live, all these criminals will be moving back into the hood where they used to be and they got freebies from Uncle DeBlasio and once that runs out they'll be back on the street again. Unless they create jobs for convicts I doubt they will be working at Popeyes. With Uber/Lyft limits in place, nobody can drive for them unless they got the license to do so.

DeBlasio has setup the perfect breeding place for crime. It's not rocket science folks, it's simple cause and effects.

Old 01-04-2020, 02:26 PM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times
Even though this happens time and time again, we’re somehow supposed to believe that the NEXT “progressive” will figure it all out.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-04-2020, 02:38 PM

30 posts, read 13,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There's a time right after Bloomberg leaving and DeBlasio taking over when the city was at its best. Crime trending down as gentrification pushing the poor out and developers popping champagnes with each development taking off. Businesses were booming and you see rents started popping as millennials started flocking to NYC. Now after 4+ years of DeBlasio he's taking NYC to the reversal. Businesses leaving, especially retail, small iconic ones, and only those franchises that can afford to stay. More and more millennials are now leaving the area or finding ways to screw the landlords with many of the pro tenant legislations. Now that bail reform is live, all these criminals will be moving back into the hood where they used to be and they got freebies from Uncle DeBlasio and once that runs out they'll be back on the street again. Unless they create jobs for convicts I doubt they will be working at Popeyes. With Uber/Lyft limits in place, nobody can drive for them unless they got the license to do so.

DeBlasio has setup the perfect breeding place for crime. It's not rocket science folks, it's simple cause and effects.
I believe that DeBlasio is a do-nothing and a puppet. AOC is also do-nothing puppet. There is some sort of shadow entity or person with an anti-USA style agenda that is paying these politicians to do their dirty work.

Prove me wrong?

Old 01-04-2020, 05:05 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,758,292 times
https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...15VY6qNae_xp54

Lawmakers Introduce Bills to Change Recently Enacted Bail Reform

On the streets of Borough Park in Brooklyn, people are on edge. A series of violent anti-semitic attacks over the last couple of weeks have led to calls for the legislature to revisit its bail reform plan taking effect this week.

"They are afraid to walk the streets," said Assemblyman Simcha Eichenstein of Brooklyn. "So what I am doing with this proposed piece of legislation is, I am focusing on the hate crimes piece only. I think we need to understand that people who are filled with hate should be in a separate category."

Eichenstein has proposed legislation that would reinstitute cash bail for hate crimes, many of which are included on a list of crimes no longer eligible for bail under the new law.

Eichenstein is not alone. State Senator Jim Gaughran also has a bill that would go even further, reinstating 52 crimes that were made ineligible for bail. He's also looking to add a dangerousness factor for judges to consider when decising whether to set bail.

"Unfortunately, the way the bill was ultimately adopted in the budget is that it includes some crimes that I believe really should be crimes that a judge should have the discretion to set bail if he or she determines it is necessary," Gaughran said.

"It's pretty troubling that three days into them we are alreday hearing a desire to undercut them," said Sergio De La Pava, a New York County Defender.

De La Pava says it's too early to start clawing back portions of the law before we've seen it's full ramifications.

Old 01-05-2020, 12:15 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
Democrats messed up royally with this one. Bail reform is certainly a good idea in theory (indeed, bail is supposed to only be used to help ensure that you show up in court, but many poor people ended up being locked up awaiting trial as they couldn't afford bail), but the Dems went too far here by not letting judges have discretion in mandating bail based on the threat an offender poses to society, etc.

But this is what happens when you let leftists gain full control of state government.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM

2,450 posts, read 971,476 times
Enough with the reforms that reform the reforms. Let these pols suffer the consequences of letting all these savages back out on to the streets. They should not be let off the hook.

Old 01-05-2020, 08:48 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,214,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

And he's managed to do all this while the U.S. is experiencing its strongest economy in many decades. You walk around the city or ride the subway and most people (other than out-of-town tourists) look miserable and sad. It takes some serious stupid to vote for all this but that's exactly what New Yorker's will do once again by electing more progressive Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City