Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 06:19 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,063 times

Advertisements

I still believe there is the threat of civil unrest, however the sight of boarded up windows really creates the impression that the city is down and out. Is it time to remove the plywood for the sake of the city feeling back to normal? I know it isn’t but it’s a step in the right direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 06:26 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,573,689 times
Consider this as a new normal. Plywood or not, if you are not the looter, it shouldn’t matter to you that is on the window.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:28 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,605,106 times
The city is down and out. Plywood or not! If I were a business I wouldn't move the plywood from my store till my store could open again. Many may not be open till July or August. Some never again so plywood should stay.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:31 PM

7,924 posts, read 9,147,374 times
I wouldnt remove the plywood. The city is a tinderbox.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:54 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times
Until or unless a place can hire someone to put gates over their windows, then no; plywood should remain. Most certainly for places that are still shuttered by lock down orders.

Phase II is supposed to happen on Monday (don't get your hope up), but many places that can open still won't. And long as that rabble known as BLM and hoodlums are busting up things, unless you intend to start writing checks for damage leave things alone.

That Jessica Lappin and others told businesses they should take down or not board up their windows because it sent the wrong message. Several days of rioting and looting later business owners all sorts from restaurants to retail are now busted. Only then did people change their message.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:56 PM

34,007 posts, read 17,041,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
I wouldnt remove the plywood. The city is a tinderbox.
Agreed. I'd add gates also.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:37 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Excerpt: Remove the plywood from windows?
Response: not until Mayor deBlasio leaves office.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:21 AM

169 posts, read 87,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: Remove the plywood from windows?
Response: not until Mayor deBlasio leaves office.
The plywood should stay up until after Trump’s inauguration in January. Then wait until the ‘Black Tranny’ rallies, Women’s vagina marches and ‘LGBTQ for Sharia’ protests die down. Maybe mid March?

Old 06-17-2020, 07:49 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.retired View Post
excerpt: Remove the plywood from windows?
Response: Not until mayor deblasio leaves office.

haha! Yep!

Old 06-17-2020, 08:58 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,716,093 times
Looting only occurred during the first 1-3 days of protesting June 1-3

the plywood coming down in advance of the june 22 reopening doesn't matter

__________________________________________________ _______________________

NY Daily News

Details of the next phase of the city’s reopening remained vague Tuesday as Mayor de Blasio dodged questions about when outdoor dining and other aspects of urban life can resume.

“Phase two, as everyone knows, could be as early as June 22,” Hizzoner told reporters. “I think it’s going to take a little longer than that just to make sure we’re absolutely certain.”

Phase one of reopening — allowing construction, manufacturing, wholesale trade and some retail curbside pickup — began June 8. Under state-mandated guidelines, phase two can begin as soon as two weeks after the start of the first stage.

Asked about child care options as more and more people return to work, Hizzoner revealed he had no plans.

“A lot of people will be going back to work and will need child care and that’s going to be even more true in the fall,” he said. “So we have to figure out how to get to the point where daycare centers can get up running and to help them do so. I don’t have that answer for you perfectly today. I just don’t.”

The comments came amid reports that social distancing has broken down throughout the city, with large groups assembling at protests and outside bars and restaurants.

“Everyone is already out in the streets,” said Councilman Justin Brannan (D-Brooklyn). “We need clear rules and guidelines for how to safely reopen, and we’re getting everything but.

“Because enforcement has been arbitrary, if not selective, it’s like the Wild West out there,” he added.

After weeks of refusing to get a coroanvirus test — even as he encouraged New Yorkers to do so — de Blasio finally got one Tuesday, after he took a sick day on Monday.

De Blasio received a nasal swab at NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur in Manhattan, and results are expected in about two days, his press office said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City