Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 01:02 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times

Advertisements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midtown_Manhattan

I have yeras of familiarity with the Times Square area from day time to around 1 am.
It has been pretty safe around Times Square except for some crazy incidents that occur there once in a while but not frequently. A tourist or someone looking like a target might get mugged on the side streets in the later A.M. hours. Midtown is fairly safe in my opinion. As per this map in the early A.M. hours I would least like to be in the Garment district particularly the Western portion of it. There is not much going on there late at night anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 01:04 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
That’s the home jersey from the New York City Ghetto Blasters...
Bwhahahahaahaa. Love it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-09-2021, 01:09 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You know what, if you feel it's not safe, then go vote
Ha! This from someone who NEVER votes. I voted for Malliotakis last time. I'm a registered Republican. Fernando Mateo is a joke, and Curtis Sliwa... lol We need someone who will get crime under control. As much as I cringe about the Democrats running things, the only chance we stand right now might be Eric Adams. He may be moderate enough that I could stomach voting for him. He'll have the respect of the NYPD being a former cop and will likely put back the undercover units to get the illegal guns off of the street. The other Dems are just progressive hacks that will carry on with de Blasio's antics.

What I worry about with Adams is whether or not he'll be on this black this people of color that road and if it'll be another Dinkins, where we see the City more divided and falling apart. Dare I say it, but we need someone that is business savvy, but also more conservative and tough on crime. That Raymond McGuire guy... He may run things too much like the City is another Citibank. Maybe Kathryn Garcia if not Adams, but I'd prefer a real Republican candidate.

Old 05-09-2021, 01:24 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Haha it was an illegal vendor. Even better!

(Side note: though its been awhile now, Adams was hated OTJ.)

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-09-2021, 01:49 PM

72 posts, read 23,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Wrong. The Rudy/MB years were quite safe.
Oh yeah, so if we looked up posts by you during those Republican mayor's terms we would not find posts by you calling the City crime ridden and terrible ? I bet we would. Why not simply enjoy living in Jersey instead of posting on a NY thread for decades ? Doesn't make sense to me.

Old 05-09-2021, 03:02 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
This isnt like the other shootings imo...this happens in neighborhoods like East New York/Brownsville, the South Bronx etc...in Times Square though?

it's pretty reckless and ballsy to air out a few shots in TS considering it's a major tourist hot spot with security on every inch of that place...

But I guarantee you the shooter has been arrested 100 times on felonies and was still being released because of the bail reform laws created by Democrats in Albany.

Old 05-09-2021, 03:08 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
This isnt like the other shootings imo...this happens in neighborhoods like East New York/Brownsville, the South Bronx etc...in Times Square though?

it's pretty reckless and ballsy to air out a few shots in TS considering it's a major tourist hot spot with security on every inch of that place...

But I guarantee you the shooter has been arrested 100 times on felonies and was still being released because of the bail reform laws created by Democrats in Albany.
Ballsy compared to...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_T...ombing_attempt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_T...uare_car_crash

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-09-2021, 03:13 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZbZMPGdpDQ

live stream but videoed yesterday, it aerial but closer than other aerial views

around 15 seconds in you hear the shots

Old 05-09-2021, 03:13 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
can't compare a terrorist attack to gang/thug shoot out...different dynamics.

Old 05-09-2021, 03:16 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
can't compare a terrorist attack to gang/thug shoot out...different dynamics.
You're still in danger if you're in the vicinity regardless, thats the dynamic. People are concerned about their safety in the street.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City