Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 04:53 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Protectionism = slacking? Lol

You have a lot to learn.

I have said that I believe that current cops who cannot retire need to do NOTHING. That I stand by.
Protectionism is doing nothing, sorry not slacking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 05:02 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Indeed the opposite, because anyone who does nothing exposes themselves to trouble from within. You have to be a lot smarter than that to protect yourself.

Like I said, you have a lot to learn. But I can't stop you from making assumptions from here to kingdom come, so have at it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-09-2021, 09:32 PM

1,034 posts, read 446,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Protectionism is doing nothing, sorry not slacking
I've seen this mantra a lot from your ilk lately. You fools have realized that if the NYPD isn't the biggest gang in NYC, others fill that vaccuum with crime and In many cases against innocent people.

Instead of owning up to your stupidity and admitting that "bad cops are terrible but violent criminals are even worse", you've just started to play this game of "it's all happening because cops have stopped doing their jobs".

Why play this dishonest game?

Old 05-09-2021, 09:34 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
I've seen this mantra a lot from your I'll lately. You fools have realized that if the NYPD isn't the biggest gang in NYC, others fill that vaccuum with crime. In many cases against innocent people.

Instead of owning up to your stupidity and admitting that "bad cops are terrible but violent criminals are even worse", you've just started to play this game of "it's all happening because cops have stopped their jobs".
What mantra are you talking about?

Quote:

I have said that I believe that current cops who cannot retire need to do NOTHING. That I stand by.
Quote:
I am all for defunding.
In my opinion this is no time to advocate defunding the police and for police to do nothing

The other day the NYPD arrested 18 members of the Hoolie gang, one of the worst gangs in Bed Stuy. Great job NYPD.
I support that 100%
Airborne lives in New Jersey now. He doesn't give a damn about NY and wants to see it go down in flames

Last edited by jonbenson; 05-09-2021 at 09:46 PM..

Old 05-10-2021, 12:00 AM

2,450 posts, read 972,524 times
Quote:
No way, disband the NYPD completely. NYC wants it, give it to them!
As a POC (white) I won't feel safe until all the Police are gone.

Old 05-10-2021, 01:51 AM

596 posts, read 252,784 times
crime is up b/c homelessness is up and lack of jobs.....

As for Times Square, gangs-drugs-sex are common their. People do dope in the open and drug deals happen 24/7. When people report well its like whack a mole. Shootings have happened here before and it wont be the last until they clear out the homeless/prostitution/ drugs but the police lack the man power.

Old 05-10-2021, 02:20 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,684,093 times
Why do people tend to lack nuance on this forum?

It is true that the police need reform. An impenetrable blue line has caused many good policemen and women to turn their cheek when bad policemen and women do things they shouldn't. Corruption should be eradicated from the force at all costs. It is also true that most police officers are good people just trying to make a living and protect the people of the city. The police force, as it stands, should be reformed before defunding occurs. Why is it always black or white with people on this forum?

Old 05-10-2021, 02:49 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Why do people tend to lack nuance on this forum?

It is true that the police need reform. An impenetrable blue line has caused many good policemen and women to turn their cheek when bad policemen and women do things they shouldn't. Corruption should be eradicated from the force at all costs. It is also true that most police officers are good people just trying to make a living and protect the people of the city. The police force, as it stands, should be reformed before defunding occurs. Why is it always black or white with people on this forum?
Because most lack critical thinking and/or an ear that will listen to them

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-10-2021, 09:33 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
As a POC (white) I won't feel safe until all the Police are gone.
That's comical. You may want to move elsewhere then. I guess you think the City is doing a great job with four year old kids getting shot.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:47 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That's comical. You may want to move elsewhere then. I guess you think the City is doing a great job with four year old kids getting shot.

The people are getting what they voted for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City