U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 09:13 PM

14,350 posts, read 13,542,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
And I'm sure if NYC had normal gun laws, these kids would do the same thing and risk getting shot.

The one thing many fools.in this city don't understand is that just like decreasing crime was in many ways due to (positive) momentum, crime increases due to (negative) momentum as well. Especially in a City with so many degenerates.
Im not sure what you're saying. Are you suggesting that criminally minded kids would fade away if more New Yorkers carried guns? I guess you're overlooking the fact that more of those kids would be carrying guns. Decreasing crime was a national trend, so NYC shouldn't be so quick to pat itself on the back.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 11:25 PM

30,339 posts, read 43,519,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Counting down the moments until he locks another thread. Complains about people not living in nyc then goes to Long Island topic to complain.
At least I'm "on" LI a few times a week

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-24-2021, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Who are the ones usually "complaining"? People who are paying Ferrari prices for a KIA quality of life. lol
Everybody has a choice at the end of the day

Your choice is to complain

Old 07-24-2021, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Growing up in Glendale/Middle Village and basically living there from 89 to 2018 it's very depressing to see how much worse the area has become over the years. I use to sometimes walk past midnight through the area and felt very safe.
Doesn't seem like it affected housing prices if it got so bad like you say

Lol, if anything housing prices increased

Why is it more expensive if it has become less desirable by your account? I guess some idiots don't care and are just buying. This semi-attached house just sold for .75M but the neighborhood's gone to the dumps:

https://www.trulia.com/p/ny/flushing...79--2010104231

Everything that happens you guys letting it get you scared, I'm sorry

Like honestly this is not a complaint forum for every single crime that happens, it's really not

Nobody on the NYC forum is professionally licensed to make any of you guys feel better

Old 07-24-2021, 11:32 PM

7,604 posts, read 3,139,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So who's moving first?

You guys think showing empathy will fix your problems.

Every week post the same stories over and over again, definition of insanity

Anybody here posted either has not written to their councilman, or doesn't even live here

But shows the utmost concern on C-D

It's so lame now

Then you blame the cook (the media) for feeding you the same soup (the stories) and you keeping going back to the same restaurant to order the same soup
Empathy not required, just birth control pills.

It's not 1976, Gerald Ford is not the President and it's not supposed to be anything like it either.

Get these rambunctious ghetto children in check and do so with accuracy and minus the racial profiling. Find the exact thugs that did it and not some black kid enrolled at Julliard or Stuyvesant...

If the NYPD was able to hire individuals with the slightest bit of common sense, and also promptly fire corrupt high ranking brass, we would not be in this circumstance to begin with.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:44 PM

7,604 posts, read 3,139,613 times
Instead of Bezos and Branson wasting money going into space for 15 seconds they should have been paying broke NYers to stop having kids they can't afford.

The only way to stop juvenile delinquents is to prevent them from being born into poverty in the first place. Because it's quite clear Catholics are not going to be stepping up anytime soon to feed, clothe, house and educate these rugrats and keep them off the streets.

Fat chance at Tourism returning until this sh** gets cleaned up

Old 07-25-2021, 12:00 AM

There is an increase in crime all over this country due to civil unrest and mental anxiety/anguish from Covid

Show me any place on the continental US with a population over 20K where overall crime has dropped

Old 07-25-2021, 03:58 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,099,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Instead of Bezos and Branson wasting money going into space for 15 seconds they should have been paying broke NYers to stop having kids they can't afford.

The only way to stop juvenile delinquents is to prevent them from being born into poverty in the first place. Because it's quite clear Catholics are not going to be stepping up anytime soon to feed, clothe, house and educate these rugrats and keep them off the streets.

Fat chance at Tourism returning until this sh** gets cleaned up

eugenics is not a popular topic or practice unfortunately.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:55 AM

24,715 posts, read 34,686,650 times
Quote:
Then you blame the cook (the media) for feeding you the same soup (the stories) and you keeping going back to the same restaurant to order the same soup
And "the same restaurant" is always the NY POST.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:22 AM

12,231 posts, read 16,153,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
So exactly what us "losers who need to just shut up and take it" have been saying was coming: it's spreading.

Duh, and shrug. I got my family out at least.
Myself as well, and I agree eventually the crime and quality of life issues spread. It started happening slowly in my last neighborhood also. The PD can do little thanks to being restrained by the city leadership. Even when arrested they get sprung loose fast. Theres little fear of the law anymore.

The large groups mentioned in this thread are the worst. Thats a situation where escape is the best option if at all possible. Best is keeping face out of the phone and being able to see them well in advance if you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City