Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 04:02 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,738,411 times

Advertisements

Outdoor mask mandate at New York City schools to end next week

https://www.amny.com/politics/outdoo...end-next-week/

Schools chancellor David C. Banks announced beginning Feb. 28, masks and face coverings will not be required outside on school grounds.

During the statement on Feb. 25, the chancellor informed New Yorkers that while the mask mandate has been altered, face coverings are still required for students, faculty, staff and visitors while indoors at school.

“Throughout the pandemic, our schools have remained some of the safest spaces for our students and staff, thanks to our gold standard health and safety protocol,” said Chancellor Banks. “I am so pleased that we are able to make this exciting announcement and safely allow students and staff to remove their masks when outdoors at NYC public schools.”

The health and safety of school children and school staff still remain a top priority for the Department of Education (DOE), and the decision to partially lift the mandate remains in line with the NYC DOE’s “Stay Safe, Stay Open” policy adopted quickly after Banks took office at the beginning of this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 04:40 PM

3,343 posts, read 1,227,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Outdoor mask mandate at New York City schools to end next week

https://www.amny.com/politics/outdoo...end-next-week/

Schools chancellor David C. Banks announced beginning Feb. 28, masks and face coverings will not be required outside on school grounds.

During the statement on Feb. 25, the chancellor informed New Yorkers that while the mask mandate has been altered, face coverings are still required for students, faculty, staff and visitors while indoors at school.

“Throughout the pandemic, our schools have remained some of the safest spaces for our students and staff, thanks to our gold standard health and safety protocol,” said Chancellor Banks. “I am so pleased that we are able to make this exciting announcement and safely allow students and staff to remove their masks when outdoors at NYC public schools.”

The health and safety of school children and school staff still remain a top priority for the Department of Education (DOE), and the decision to partially lift the mandate remains in line with the NYC DOE’s “Stay Safe, Stay Open” policy adopted quickly after Banks took office at the beginning of this year.
wait they've been requiring masks OUTSIDE all of this time?
That's even more outrageous than I thought.

Old 02-25-2022, 05:12 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,738,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
wait they've been requiring masks OUTSIDE all of this time?
That's even more outrageous than I thought.
For real. That was my very thought. This whole thing is ridiculous. Omicron cases are at an all time low. This is so silly! Masks should be optional. Indoors and outdoors. If you want to wear it, wear it. If you don't, don't. Jeesh.

Old 02-25-2022, 05:18 PM

18,974 posts, read 13,869,063 times
Sick right? And there’s people who want this tyranny to continue indefinitely.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-25-2022, 08:16 PM

15,555 posts, read 15,581,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
I have learned to ignore this Mayor's talk. When the mandates are lifted as a result of his efforts, I will then congratulate and praise him.
Oh, really?

You've "learned" to ignore him - after how long in office?

Are you that unfair to all elected officials?

Old 02-26-2022, 12:03 AM

7,609 posts, read 8,668,050 times
Time to move past mask and vaccine mandates, Gov. Kathy Hochul

Old 02-26-2022, 01:21 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,194,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Oh, really?

Meanwhile, you had no problems talking bad about Trump at the start of his presidency. Leftists like you are so full of hypocrisy.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:01 AM

18,974 posts, read 13,869,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Oh, really?

You seem to have forgotten that this is the United States. Our politicians owe us, not the other way around.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-26-2022, 07:34 AM

8,304 posts, read 4,344,250 times
My guess is NYC will likely lift the indoor mask mandate on March 14, like several other large cities that have already made the formal announcement. Btw, I personally was not bothered by infection control mandates, since I would not have done anything different even if it had not been mandated. I will likelly continue wearing a mask indoors, just will downgrade from N95 to something lighter. It reduces the load of any virus thet you inhale when someone coughs it out right next to you. Restaurant prices are out of sight, so not planning on eating out with any frequency any more.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:38 AM

2,730 posts, read 6,108,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Thats funny. We went to Philly last week just to go to a museum and a mandatory Philly Cheesesteak at "sonnys" this time. Next time will try Oh Brothers, which is next door. Kids liked the museum. Drove around the city. Love its architecture. Shame that the Northern Philly is just a zoo and that Camden is next door.
Did you go to The Franklin Institute? My son loved that one. We're going to the new Harry Potter exhibit there! It's very similar to The Liberty Science Center that we were members of most of his life. They took it upon themselves to institute their own vaccine mandate, so we're no longer members.

Philly's a great city and because of traffic it doesn't take longer for us to get there than NYC. Once I had Jim's cheesesteaks there is no other for me! Pizzeria Vetri has incredible food though, so I don't know if we'll be hitting Jim's this time. If you ever want a little getaway we've stayed at The Sheraton a couple of times. Indoor pool and a great breakfast and you can walk to everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City