Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 05:20 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times

Advertisements

Man this guy is a tool.
Be afraid if citizens are legally armed. God forbid people protect themselves and fight the animals with illegal guns.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...vce-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2022, 05:44 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I cannot WAIT for this decision to come down. Of course democrats are afraid of Americans exercising rights, duh, it’s against their entire existence!

How can they protect their favorite constituency - perps - if the average citizen is empowered to fight back on the spot?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-13-2022, 05:48 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I cannot WAIT for this decision to come down. Of course democrats are afraid of Americans exercising rights, duh, it’s against their entire existence!

How can they protect their favorite constituency - perps - if the average citizen is empowered to fight back on the spot?
Would be fine if we had laws that protected citizens, but with our "woke" laws protecting thugs, I can see a lot more law abiding citizens carrying for sure if this appeal is upheld.

Old 05-13-2022, 06:08 AM

When did NyC become so anti American and anti freedom?

If you can’t tighten laws down south and every moron can go get a gun at a gun show and then bring it back to nyc, citizens should all be allowed to carry. It would raise their morale and send a clear message to the criminals. Or, automatic life sentence to anyone carrying a gun that’s not registered to the owner.
Again, police comes after the crime is committed, it’s the nature of their job. Politicians are not interested in solving this gun problem or else they would implement some of the ideas I’ve mentioned.

Arm up and blow these bastards away.

Old 05-13-2022, 06:39 AM

They aren’t buying guns legally down south. You cannot legally purchase a handgun out of your state of residence. Perps are breaking plenty of laws before the gun ever makes it to NYC. The issue is that you cannot pass laws that will stop criminals from getting guns because criminals do not follow laws. Period.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-13-2022, 08:11 AM

2,609 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Man this guy is a tool.
Be afraid if citizens are legally armed. God forbid people protect themselves and fight the animals with illegal guns.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...vce-story.html

I'm already afraid now!

I'd feel a lot less afraid if I had something for those crooks who are running the city streets now!

Old 05-13-2022, 08:15 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Just get a residence permit and carry anyway if you feel that way . They are given out with no problem as Long as your record is squeaky clean .

The fees are costly and the wait can be long but it is a do .

So far It isn’t a felony if you have a permit and get caught carrying …whether your shoot was justified is a different issue and whether there will be civil court ramifications is also a different issue .

People vs Parker ruled if you have a residence permit it is a misdemeanor if busted .

Whether that is upheld in your case is the risk you take .

https://casetext.com/case/people-v-parker-366

Last edited by mathjak107; 05-13-2022 at 08:27 AM..

Old 05-13-2022, 09:57 AM

978 posts, read 673,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
They aren’t buying guns legally down south. You cannot legally purchase a handgun out of your state of residence. Perps are breaking plenty of laws before the gun ever makes it to NYC. The issue is that you cannot pass laws that will stop criminals from getting guns because criminals do not follow laws. Period.
I thought, I’m not sure, but I thought if a Virginia resident legally purchased a gun in Va. he could resell it to joe schmo from Va. without any legal documents.
Now Joe Schmo sells it on the street it winds up in NY, and Gun is used in a crime.
Police track back to Original purchaser and he simply shrugs and says I don’t remember who I sold it to.
As stated I thought that’s how it works in Va. I could be entirely wrong too.
Thoughts?

Old 05-13-2022, 10:03 AM

Note your own description: Joe Schmo sells it on the streets. I am not 100% on Virginia’s laws, but it is a Federal crime to purchase a firearm outside of your state of residence unless it is legally facilitated by FFL’s on both ends.

Trust me, there is no legal way to transfer a firearm from a legal buyer to a perp. There’s always a law being broken, because that’s what criminals do. Of course PHYSICALLY it can be done, but not legally.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:24 AM

Mayor saying be Very scared if citizens arm up, this just angers me. He isn’t even hiding or pretending. That’s him just showing his colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City