Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 07:27 PM

63 posts, read 39,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
The show is indeed filmed in NYC for the most part, just like Law And Order SVU is. I love Blue Bloods because the show often realistically depicts the consequences of Liberal rules and laws such as no cash bail reforms and criminals being released right away only to hurt more people and commit more crimes. The show realistically depicts how thugs treat police officers and the restraint cops must have not to fight back. The show also has many episodes based on the current events affecting NYC at the time of airing. Obviously the show is not based on reality all of the time, but many episodes are based on true events of the time.
I stand corrected then - thank you for the info
Not sure but i could have sworn at the end credits it was filmed in part at least in Canada
Maybe it was just particular scenes/episodes
That is very interesting
And yes as i mentioned before i appreciate the fact that the show is somewhat realistic/based on the current state of things and the recent problems that law enforcement face
But no you will not see all those foot chases in NYC in reality
Not now or ever - or maybe sometime many years ago
One episode in particular comes to mind is good for a bit of a chuckle when an incident happened on the nassau county/nyc border and Nassau county PD was involved
Honestly made the NCPD seem not so cooperative with the NYPD which i have heard rumors that may have been true at least at one time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 09:38 AM

65 posts, read 56,125 times
This thread is hilarious!!

Old 06-18-2022, 09:40 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
I was watching Spiderman and X-Men cartoons. Are the X-Men still facing discrimination for being mutants? Is Spiderman still protecting the city against the Sinister 6? Who pays for the destruction of property when the X-Men and Spiderman face off against a villain? Taxpayers or do they have a donation system?

Old 06-18-2022, 10:23 AM

63 posts, read 39,528 times
Well if all else fails - if Blue Bloods is not an accurate depiction of NYC - i suppose you can always consult Tom Selek for information on reverse mortgages
After all it isnt his first rodeo

Old 06-18-2022, 11:19 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEDLI495 View Post
I stand corrected then - thank you for the info
Not sure but i could have sworn at the end credits it was filmed in part at least in Canada
Maybe it was just particular scenes/episodes
That is very interesting
And yes as i mentioned before i appreciate the fact that the show is somewhat realistic/based on the current state of things and the recent problems that law enforcement face
But no you will not see all those foot chases in NYC in reality
Not now or ever - or maybe sometime many years ago
One episode in particular comes to mind is good for a bit of a chuckle when an incident happened on the nassau county/nyc border and Nassau county PD was involved
Honestly made the NCPD seem not so cooperative with the NYPD which i have heard rumors that may have been true at least at one time
Since I'm in the Toronto area, and it's definitely earning the name "Hollywood North" up here, this caught my curiosity. But no, while TO was being considered, the idea was squashed.

https://outsider.com/american-entert...ilmed-toronto/

I recently watched the entire series of Suits, which is about a New York City law firm but was shot in Toronto except for scenes showing the skyline from various angles. They also used huge murals behind the "windows" in the office scenes to make it look like the city.

Drove me NUTS because while it might not be apparent to someone in the hinterlands, it was obvious to me that there wasn't enough traffic on the street scenes or pedestrians on the sidewalks to be the city, plus they have these medians in TO that they don't have on the NYC streets. The No Parking signs were wrong, and sometimes you could see street signs with names that are not Manhattan streets. Other times I could see Scotiabank and BMO (Bank of Montreal) signs in the background. Or Rogers stores, the biggest TV/Internet provider.

Old 06-18-2022, 02:13 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Da Vinci's Inquest was a great cop/crime drama shot in Vancouver, Canada around the time the prostitutes were being murdered, which was one of the story lines. So realistic, it actually changed my mind about moving there .

Here's a wiki list of shows shot in Toronto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...set_in_Toronto

Old 06-18-2022, 04:11 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Da Vinci's Inquest was a great cop/crime drama shot in Vancouver, Canada around the time the prostitutes were being murdered, which was one of the story lines. So realistic, it actually changed my mind about moving there .

Here's a wiki list of shows shot in Toronto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...set_in_Toronto
I love Murdoch Mysteries. It's entertaining and fun.

I want to visit Vancouver someday! Don't remember that show, though.

Old 01-07-2023, 03:15 PM

2,106 posts, read 977,306 times
Blue bloods “ new” was a disaster last night Time for some new blood!

Old 01-08-2023, 06:45 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
And yes, New Yorkers DO think they are at the center of the universe and the sun revolves around NYC. They think that across the Hudson is an untamed pioneer wilderness, still unsettled by civilized man. You betcha! that is what New Yorkers think. It is NYC or nothing at all. They think that NYC is 90% of the US economy and the rest of us are agrarian farmers living a toothless, hand-to-mouth existence married to our first cousins
Change the HUDSON to the DELAWARE and it's all true.

Old 01-30-2023, 11:29 AM

411 posts, read 227,860 times
I just saw Dick Wolf do a live conversation. Any of his shows that portrays New York is 100% filmed in NY. Just not all around NY, so all you get are glimpses of the same blocks/corners from different persepctives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City