Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:45 PM

341 posts, read 900,228 times

Advertisements

Considering she is a White Muslin, she will be free from all worries of danger. I suggest a site seeing trip at the Wagner Houses around 3AM!

Old 05-26-2008, 07:38 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,024,275 times
Hi Aysha, please ignore all the crazy comments and focus on the rational ones. Some people on this board are itching for a fight- especially about race and racism, and your topic has brought out a few of the crazies.

My closest friend is an Arab, raised Muslim with an Arabic name. He is not American, yet he has been here for two years and has not had even one incident where he felt he was being disriminated against or hated because of his Muslim/Arab background. He has, however, had a few unpleasant experiences with people, but so do I (as a white non-religious person), and I think so does everyone. He was never able to connect any of those negative experiences with people viewing him differently because he's Muslim.

In fact I have had more issues with airport security than he has - he always breezes right through. I think that is because he is an experienced traveller and knows what size shampoo bottles to put in his carry-on luggage, and not to send his laptop through the xray machine while it's encased. I have done things wrong while going through security and I think that's why I get stopped. Last time I even got asked to step aside so they could run the wand around me to check for weapons.

So, come here, enjoy - and if if you get a strange reaction from anyone, don't immediately jump to the conclusion that they have a problem with your religion.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City