Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,970 times

Advertisements

1. Would you rather live in the Upper East Side or Brooklyn Heights? Any reasons why?

2. Would you have a problem living across the street from the projects? Would this be a major deciding factor for you when choosing an apartment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 10:05 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,936,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by me1988 View Post
1. Would you rather live in the Upper East Side or Brooklyn Heights? Any reasons why?

2. Would you have a problem living across the street from the projects? Would this be a major deciding factor for you when choosing an apartment?
I would prefer the UES over brooklyn heights and I would avoid if at all possible living near any PJs

Old 05-26-2008, 09:07 AM

82 posts, read 545,069 times
Brooklyn Heights all the way. I've lived in both UES and Brooklyn Heights. Brooklyn Heights has a great neighborhood feel with lots of families and children. UES does too-it's just a different feel. Brooklyn Heights is so convenient for the subway-UES..not so much.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:41 AM

278 posts, read 1,183,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colokev View Post
Brooklyn Heights all the way. I've lived in both UES and Brooklyn Heights. Brooklyn Heights has a great neighborhood feel with lots of families and children. UES does too-it's just a different feel. Brooklyn Heights is so convenient for the subway-UES..not so much.
I would choose the UES because I prefer Manhattan over Brooklyn anyway. As nice as BH is I would much rather be in the city. I would never in my life would I live near a housing project.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:27 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,329,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by me1988 View Post

I would choose UES, but both UES and Brooklyn Heights are really nice.

For PJs, I'd reccomend you have at least a block in between you and the projects. Usually the crazyness associated with the PJs don't go much farther than a block (unless you live in an area with a high concentration of PJs such as Spanish Harlem).

Old 05-26-2008, 12:43 PM

59 posts, read 237,543 times
I would choose Bk heights over UES it's a cool area with restaurants, shops banks etc its close to the subway and you can get to manhattan in no time at all. In my opinion It would really depend on which projects your are moving across from especially in BK there are some pjs you don't go near and then there are those that keep whatever crime is associated with them inside the projects they really don't affect people that don't live there. I lived in Bk and had the projects behind my house and never had any problems.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:07 AM

757 posts, read 3,353,680 times
The biggest advantage to the UES is that you can travel from downtown/midtown by bus when it's later than you feel comfortable in the subway. If you're out with friends in Manh until 1:00 a.m. or so and all dolled up, you'd probably take a taxi home, and that add$ up.

Brooklyn Heights is very charming. UES has its qualities, but for the most part (like much of the rest of Manh, my neighborhood included) charm is in short supply.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 8,796 times
Smile Brooklyn Heights!

My home dimension! To be fair, UES is the one neighborhood in Manhattan I've never lived in. BK is so chill & quiet at night so you can actualy get some sleep. Friendly people in the restaurants & shops get to know you by name - very BK & cozy. No projects here in the Heights and the ones in Dumbo seem okay. I wouldn't choose to live across from one, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City