Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:51 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
Number 1 in garbage that is - you will think they record in a land fill with all that corny, jingle bell, sing along, nonsense like coffee shop. They are not even creative with their names. lil_insert_southern_rapper_name_here. Are these "people" serious?

the more ignorant, the more drugs you sell in the studio, the less intelligent your rhymes are, the faster you're "signed". Do these guys even know what a multi is? * yawn *

Shabbaz and Razah released an album earlier - Welcome to Redhook houses.
I agree with you I create lyrical sounding hip hop that has more substance than mainstream hip hop but mainstream fans consider Atlanta to be number one. My pick however is NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 12:04 PM

536 posts, read 2,348,396 times
Jay-Z is overrated, but he's still nice.

Big L is probably my personal fave. I also like hip-hop with surreal lyrics like Deltron 3030, Company Flow, Aesop Rock... maybe because you never hear any diversity of lyrical content on the radio. sad. I love hip-hop, but when I listen to the radio, it's always rock because they don't play the same songs over and over again. Different mindset, I guess.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:59 PM

51 posts, read 163,841 times
All of this Rap is crap. Most great American music was born in the South, and produced in the North because of capitalism; that is where the companies/studios were usually located. That of course and the Great Migration.

I say, how about Black people stop doing this crap, and get back to playing Instruments how we did in the Pre Disco Era??????????

That is what we should be concerned about.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:07 PM

62 posts, read 252,898 times
I'm not in NY so I don't thoroughly know the local scene but the only hope NYC has to once again reign supreme in Hip-Hop is Papoose, Joell Ortiz and Saigon

Old 02-22-2009, 04:40 PM

674 posts, read 1,813,215 times
Ny hip hop is so great because are rappers are actually from the toughest streets in the country unlike these new school 18 19 yr old rappers from Atlanta who dont know Mod cut: language the ny rappers have those good intresting criminal stories which grab peoples attention about shootouts drug dealing and crime (not glorifying but their intresting topics) the ATL rappers grab attention by doing the Stanky Leg
YouTube - STANKY LEG VIDEO BY: GS BOYZ

Last edited by Viralmd; 02-22-2009 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 02-22-2009, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd1588 View Post
All of this Rap is crap. Most great American music was born in the South, and produced in the North because of capitalism; that is where the companies/studios were usually located. That of course and the Great Migration.

I say, how about Black people stop doing this crap, and get back to playing Instruments how we did in the Pre Disco Era??????????

Um, shut up? I hate when people are discussing rap, or any type of music, and some random ass just comes in and says nothing but what is essentially, "durr this muzik sux herp derp".

Old 02-22-2009, 05:07 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd1588 View Post

Oh you mean like this.

The Roots-What they do
You just displayed to us that you know very little about hip hop.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:50 PM

527 posts, read 1,244,576 times
Default no it won't

NYC is aging badly. The average age of a New Yorker is 36, the average age of a Manhattaner is like 40... Can rap survive this in NYC? Well given that rappers THEMSELVES in NYC are all old they might just stand a chance.

CLICK.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:31 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
NY never lost it LOL

gimme a break

Old 02-22-2009, 08:35 PM

144 posts, read 463,789 times
you just gotta let the crime rate go up and let uncle murda, maino, saigon, d-block, and red cafe do they thing
music industry is messed up right now
most rappers are too soft nowadays with them skinny jeans and are trying to look pretty
do not gettin me started with that poppin bottles why do that when i can pay $2.50 for can of sparks and get wasted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City