U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:45 PM

1,276 posts, read 2,835,416 times

Advertisements

meandthecity lives in a bubble, her own little 96th-76th UES, la la land, bubble

Old 07-02-2008, 01:50 PM

296 posts, read 498,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
i rarely see chicks in "jordans". Most of the chicks i see in the bronx are in heels. Most people in manhattan are too lame to know what jordans are anyway, to busy trying to be like sex in the city

lol...trying to be like sex in the city

Old 07-02-2008, 02:12 PM

Ok this is what i dont understand about some of you native New Yorkers, it seems you hate out of towners or something but if it wasnt for immigrants and "some" U.S. out of towners i wonder where NYC would be today(it definately wouldnt be so diverse in culture)...Immigrants to me were and still are a big contribution to NYC(like stimulating our economy and opening up corner stores and laundromats..etc etc...how many native New yorkers do you know that own corner stores?I'll tell you one thing,I bet there is not more than immigrants...im talking about Brooklyn,Staten,Bronx,and Queens not counting manhatten) and other places aswell outside of NY.Now the yuppies and hipster out of towners moving to Nyc is a different story i think they should be thrown off the empire state building or something!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:14 PM

7,905 posts, read 13,954,943 times
What part of the BX is that where most women are in heels?! Someone please point me in that direction. In Fordham all I see are tons of young girls pushing strollers, fat chicks in slippers or flats, or ghetto chicks with Jordans or Dunks on. I hardly ever see a young attractive woman in heels around Fordham.

BTW, the teen pregnancy rate in Fordham and much of the Bronx is alarming!!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:23 PM

I disagree about the NYC hip-hop scene sparking trends. The newer kids, I hate to talk about them but they don't have the same flavor or creativity. In the 80's, early 90's yeah, people were setting trends. But now no. The hip-hop fashion has gotten a lot better of late, I will say, but a lot of it is 80's retreads, and for much of this decade dudes were stuck on excessively baggy pants, doorags, and white tees.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:28 PM

59 posts, read 158,575 times
Quote:
What part of the BX is that where most women are in heels?! Someone please point me in that direction. In Fordham all I see are tons of young girls pushing strollers, fat chicks in slippers or flats, or ghetto chicks with Jordans or Dunks on. I hardly ever see a young attractive woman in heels around Fordham

Who the hell is going to walk around Fordham with fu**ing heels on? You must be crazy to think your going to see a whole bunch of females walking around in high heels on Fordham it is way too crowded and too much walking for that. Second not to many older females (25 and up) shop on Fordham its filled with young JHS and HS girls. There are other parts of the BX besides Fordham venture out you might find that female in heels that your seem to be looking for and what are Dunks?

Old 07-02-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxchick View Post

Who the hell is going to walk around Fordham with fu**ing heels on? You must be crazy to think your going to see a whole bunch of females walking around in high heels on Fordham it is way too crowded and too much walking for that. Second not to many older females (25 and up) shop on Fordham its filled with young JHS and HS girls. There are other parts of the BX besides Fordham venture out you might find that female in heels that your seem to be looking for and what are Dunks?
Well your right, maybe I'm focusing too much on Fordham. But I've been around other parts of the Bronx and overall the chicks are nicer in Manhattan and Queens.

Dunks are those colorful Nike sneakers that are really in style right now.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:33 PM

274 posts, read 777,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndTheCity View Post
Manhattan (Not Uptown or the ghetto).. Well I am a lady and more than attractive as are my friends. We reside all over the main city. Meatpacking and Chelsea on a Sat night is quite the definition of fashion in the real city.
LOL! WTF do you know about Meatpacking and Chelsea? Meatpacking and Chelsea on Saturdays are the definition of bridge & tunnel and tourists.

You weren't even around when those areas were ACTUALLY cool, instead of a cheap knock off of some TV show about aging cougars, designed by real estate developers to make money from clueless folks with more money than brains.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rock View Post
LOL! WTF do you know about Meatpacking and Chelsea? Meatpacking and Chelsea on Saturdays are the definition of bridge & tunnel and tourists.

You weren't even around when those areas were ACTUALLY cool, instead of a cheap knock off of some TV show about aging cougars, designed by real estate developers to make money from clueless folks with more money than brains.

Yeah maybe not so much Chelsea, but the meatpacking district is known to draw a tacky bridge and tunnel crowd.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I disagree about the NYC hip-hop scene sparking trends. The newer kids, I hate to talk about them but they don't have the same flavor or creativity. In the 80's, early 90's yeah, people were setting trends. But now no. The hip-hop fashion has gotten a lot better of late, I will say, but a lot of it is 80's retreads, and for much of this decade dudes were stuck on excessively baggy pants, doorags, and white tees.

Yo one thing i find interesting is some of these teens love to dress and look like they were from the 80-90's era i seen some kids with high top fades,tight jeans,big gold ropes around their necks,i seen some even sport british knights...how do yall feel about this?...your right though NooYowkur...."a lot of it is 80's retrends"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City