Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:52 AM

5 posts, read 10,619 times

Advertisements

I saw a guy spill hot soup all over himself on the subway once, he proceeded to run around the car like a chicken with his head cut off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
There used to be a rather large woman, draped in black and carrying a four-foot long cross covered in aluminum foil, who wandered through the subways yelling loudly about how everyone was damned and going straight to hell--unless they started praying immediately. I thought of her as the Brimstone Lady, since her rantings were always peppered with images of fire and brimstone.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:39 PM

220 posts, read 762,973 times
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....this is the best thread ever!

Old 07-10-2008, 02:12 PM

246 posts, read 1,248,177 times
My friend and I were going to Orchard (we were on the 6 train) and a homeless guy with a cane got on the train, he then proceeded to tap a beat with the cane and sing & a Shabba Ranks song and then to Chic's Le Freak, it was hilarious!

The 6 train by far has the most creative vagrants/homeless people trying to ear a buck. Same train, different day a lady got on and sang a song she made up to the Brady Bunch theme, went something like this: Here's the story of a homeless lady...

Just had to give them money if only for the creativeness of it all!

Boy, I miss NYC!

Old 07-10-2008, 02:13 PM

246 posts, read 1,248,177 times
Meant to say EARN a buck not ear it

Old 07-10-2008, 02:38 PM

1,126 posts, read 4,563,175 times
my mom (a nurse) helped a lady give birth on the redline in boston a few years back

Old 07-10-2008, 04:54 PM

166 posts, read 705,518 times
Wow, this is all very funny. I'm pretty new to the city, so I don't have any great stories yet for the MTA, but when I was living in Boston....

One time a whole bunch of mascots got on the subway, all dressed in their mascot uniforms. None of them said a word, they just stood and sat on the train like normal riders. The normal people on the train were in hysterics. To this day I have no idea why they were there or where they were going.

Also, there used to be this guy... not sure if he was homeless or not, but he was always on the train. He loved to announce what the next stop was, what the transfers were, what tourist attractions were at that particular stop, etc. Keep in mind Boston's trains don't have a mechanical voice that gives you that info, so he actually could come in quite handy sometimes!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:39 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,292,651 times
Please acknowledge if you've heard this or a variation on the train at one point or another:

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, my name is [name]. I'm here selling candy - not for a basketball league but to put some money in my pocket and keep me out of trouble. I have M&M Peanut and Starburst. Each candy is $1. Thank you and have a good day."

Not to make fun, mind you. But I thought it should go in this thread as I think I've heard at least 10 variations of this.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:14 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,985,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K 22 View Post
Please acknowledge if you've heard this or a variation on the train at one point or another:

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, my name is [name]. I'm here selling candy - not for a basketball league but to put some money in my pocket and keep me out of trouble. I have M&M Peanut and Starburst. Each candy is $1. Thank you and have a good day."

Not to make fun, mind you. But I thought it should go in this thread as I think I've heard at least 10 variations of this.
I hear this all the time on the 7 train.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:43 AM

12 posts, read 41,252 times
I once saw a guy on the Euclid platform with lots of clothes. He was spreading his clothes out on the steps the plat and the tracks. Very interesting as he was sitting on the steps everyone had to step over his clothes to pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City