U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 PM

6,622 posts, read 10,706,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha43055 View Post
Henna I do not feel that there is any reason to have an attitude. I am just asking a question so if you are going to be rude please do not post.

Sorry you took it that way. Actually you misunderstood. If you read back through my other responses I think you will see your misunderstanding.

My sarcastic post was directed at supermario for answering you so literally and for making all of NYC out to sound like it is over-run by gangs.

I am surprised you did not see my other two responses directly addressing your questions which I actually believe were two of the most helpful posts (given what kind of info I believe you are actually interested in) in this whole thread. But never mind. .. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 09:00 PM

171 posts, read 445,358 times
Default sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsonDowns View Post
Henna was actually telling you what it is really like from someone who lives in Jackson Heights. Honestly, I don't think SuperMario has ever been to South Central. I lived in LA, Jackson Heights is nothing like South Central.

Yes, there are gangs everywhere, but most folks are posers, not real bangers.
Henna I am sorry. I took it wrong and made a full out of myself. Forgive me. I lived in LA also.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:02 PM

171 posts, read 445,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Sorry you took it that way. Actually you misunderstood. If you read back through my other responses I think you will see your misunderstanding.

My sarcastic post was directed at supermario for answering you so literally and for making all of NYC out to sound like it is over-run by gangs.

I am surprised you did not see my other two responses directly addressing your questions which I actually believe were two of the most helpful posts (given what kind of info I believe you are actually interested in) in this whole thread. But never mind. .. .
Henna I thought I was wrong because your other post were quite helpful. Thanks and sorry again. Sometimes I am such an airhead.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:57 PM

8,904 posts, read 5,854,685 times
Gangs exist in a lot of places. I grew up in what was considered an upper/upper-middle class neighborhood on Long island and there were gangs in the area.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:50 PM

45 posts, read 108,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Bloods = red

Latin Kings = yellow/gold

Crips = blue

Trinitario = green

DDP = black

I'm not too sure about ABK and La Familia...I think one of them has orange.

But Bloods and Crips have been known to wear many other colors like purple, black, etc

DDP's would wear white sometimes too.
wrong!

Bloods = red, red bandana hanging from right side back pocket, red/black/silver beeds, right side of pants folded up

crips = blue/black, blue/ black/white beads, blue flag hanging down left side

latin king = yellow, yellow/black beeds (usually beeds around wrist), wears clothing that depicts a crown

Trinitario = lime green, lime green clothing, wears green keds shows and wears red, white, blue, green beeds. Wears clothing depicting dominican flag.

DDP = red/ white/ blue/green beeds (usually on wrist). Wears clothing depicting dominican flag.

pirplecity = purple and black, wears bandana backwards, wears clothing depicting wings,

Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 AM

5,042 posts, read 11,086,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom01 View Post
wrong!

Bloods = red, red bandana hanging from right side back pocket, red/black/silver beeds, right side of pants folded up

crips = blue/black, blue/ black/white beads, blue flag hanging down left side

latin king = yellow, yellow/black beeds (usually beeds around wrist), wears clothing that depicts a crown

Trinitario = lime green, lime green clothing, wears green keds shows and wears red, white, blue, green beeds. Wears clothing depicting dominican flag.

DDP = red/ white/ blue/green beeds (usually on wrist). Wears clothing depicting dominican flag.

pirplecity = purple and black, wears bandana backwards, wears clothing depicting wings,
How am I wrong? I stated everything you said except that I did not go into details. All I care about is flag color, that is what I was reffering too. You dont need the whole gear to rep, you can flag and it's enough. Just like some guys wear the wrist beads to rep. And you forgot DDP. DDP wear black flags with white tears drops and sometimes white flag with black tear drops.....even though black and white are neutral colors. DDP and Trini could also wear the DR flag and thats it. And Blood beads depend on sets. Not all of them follow that pattern. This goes for all gangs. And finally I seen Bloods were other colors, aswell as Crips. It's not restricted to Red and Blue.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:35 AM

40,060 posts, read 18,449,242 times
By the way, Tasha, it's possible to live your whole life here in NYC and never run across anything like a gang. For reasons I've never completely understood, the media seems to enjoy portraying New York in the worst possible light.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:23 AM

1,276 posts, read 2,679,619 times
Agreed Fred you guys are going to scare the shi* out of the OP.

Correct me if I am wrong, but most gang violence is not directed toward regular people, but other gangs or within gangs. I am not saying there are not gangs in new york city, but they are not running around attacking regular people.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 PM

467 posts, read 1,102,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
Agreed Fred you guys are going to scare the shi* out of the OP.

Correct me if I am wrong, but most gang violence is not directed toward regular people, but other gangs or within gangs. I am not saying there are not gangs in new york city, but they are not running around attacking regular people.
Very true. I think someone in this thread mentioned that if you're not involved in the gang lifestyle, you really won't see it/be involved in any problems with gangs. But, they are still everywhere.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM

332 posts, read 663,594 times
even if u arent associated with gangs, u still obviously need to becareful. Gangbangers will stick up regular people as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City