U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:46 AM

6 posts, read 23,034 times
Default SoundView Projects Reunion..

I hear that the Soundview Projects and Castle Hill?, (the little houses) between PS 107 and the handball court, have a reunion every year. I also hear that it takes place right in front of 1665 Randall Ave by the park on the grassy area that was once a field of weeds and big boulder rocks. OK, so what I don't know is when does this reunion take place and is it really a big thing. I mean do all the "oldies" go? you know people that grew up there during the fifties, and sixties ...when the projects where new and the only crimes being committed were the mosquitoes attacking us at night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 05:55 PM

10,141 posts, read 18,004,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeNYkr View Post
I hear that the Soundview Projects and Castle Hill?, (the little houses) between PS 107 and the handball court, have a reunion every year. I also hear that it takes place right in front of 1665 Randall Ave by the park on the grassy area that was once a field of weeds and big boulder rocks. OK, so what I don't know is when does this reunion take place and is it really a big thing. I mean do all the "oldies" go? you know people that grew up there during the fifties, and sixties ...when the projects where new and the only crimes being committed were the mosquitoes attacking us at night!
maybe you can try going to NYCHA, looking up soundview houses, and call the housing assistant...they may know. their name and number is usually listed.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 AM

6 posts, read 23,034 times
Default thnx 7th flr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
maybe you can try going to NYCHA, looking up soundview houses, and call the housing assistant...they may know. their name and number is usually listed.
so I sent district9 of the NYCHA an email regarding the SVP reunion. thnx for the info.

....hey I was also a seventh floor dweller for over twenty years at the projects.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:17 PM

2 posts, read 18,694 times
Smile Soundview Reunion

The Soundview reunion takes place the first weekend each and every August. The reunion started out as an annuaL basketball game with old timers coming out to play for old times sake.

The reunion has grown to over 8 games played on Saturday, and in previous years (prior to 2008) has had a party or boat-ride on Friday night.

The event now has grown to a point where there are from 1-2,000 attendees on Saturday, WIth people arriving around 12:00 Noon. Most people hang around until dark.

If you grew up in or around Soundview, this is an event you should schedule to close your summer. You will see people from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and beyond.

YOU MUST ATTEND ONCE!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 06:22 PM

2 posts, read 18,694 times
August 2, 2008 The Big Park

Old 07-28-2008, 04:08 PM

731 posts, read 1,251,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlghost View Post
The Soundview reunion takes place the first weekend each and every August. The reunion started out as an annuaL basketball game with old timers coming out to play for old times sake.

The reunion has grown to over 8 games played on Saturday, and in previous years (prior to 2008) has had a party or boat-ride on Friday night.

The event now has grown to a point where there are from 1-2,000 attendees on Saturday, WIth people arriving around 12:00 Noon. Most people hang around until dark.

If you grew up in or around Soundview, this is an event you should schedule to close your summer. You will see people from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and beyond.

YOU MUST ATTEND ONCE!!!!!!
We at the Forest Projects have our Old Timers' Day on Sunday, August 3 at 23 Park (Tinton/166th St). Although it is supposed to be a good event, it is overshadowed by violence and fights that occur during the night.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 9,194 times
Default Soundview Reunion 2009

Please visit my website... WWW. SoundviewStandUp.com the answers to your questions are here. The 1st Saturday in August, every year for the past 20 years... It goes down!! 2009 will be extraordianry.... Try to make it and feel free to sign up on the site.

Russ

Old 09-03-2008, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 8,789 times
Hi all My name is Big Moe my wife Marlene is from soundview and now that we are one I feel that I am part of sounview so maybe some of you should know her, if not email me or drop a note to let me know what you think, I own a music entertaiment business and I would be glad to have me and my artist perform at your next upcomming weekend in 09 so let me know thanks. and god bless

Old 10-01-2008, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 8,231 times
Smile Looking for my girlfiends!!

hello to everybody that lived and still lives in Soundview!! i am looking to hear from any of my classmates from PS 107!! Novella Brown,Portia Alston,Denise Williams,Sharon Norris Cynthia Roach HOLLA BACK!

Old 11-06-2008, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 7,877 times
Default reply

the reunion is on the first saturday of every augest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City