Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,015 times

Advertisements

I don't know anything about NYC hotels since I live here. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 04:50 AM

607 posts, read 3,557,809 times
a good quick N.Y.C. experience should include;

A good Broadway show

Rockafeller Plaza

A Hansom Cab (horse and buggy) ride through Central Park

Empire State Building (a long proccess)

Saks Fifth Avenue

Lunch at the Carnegie Deli

Tavern on the Green (Sunday brunch)

Galleger's Steak House (52nd and Broadway) for dinner

Times Square (don't buy electronics in midtown)

Downtown.....Soho, Little Italy, Chinatown (all great shopping)

N.Y.C. is a great place. Most people are nice and want you to have a good and safe time. Like any big city in the world there are preditors. Be smart and watch your wallet/purse. Always act like you own the place.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:25 AM

6 posts, read 19,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Culture, great people, culture, canyons of buildings, culture, architecture, culture, bright lights. I could go on forever.
Yes, I know that this is what my son loves about being there! How do you survive there though? It's such an expensive city! I remember feeling like the"country mouse" the last time I was there -- Basically we dropped him off at the dorm and left town. The lady at the Lincoln tunnel yelled at my husband when we drove in... this time we are flying in for visit. We've been to Chicago and Toronto... I want to enjoy my stay... but I guess I am also worried about my son ... who will need to find a place to live very quickly at the end of this semester and start auditioning...

Old 04-30-2007, 08:27 AM

Thanks Dennis!

Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 AM

607 posts, read 3,557,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin2 View Post
Thanks Dennis!

You're welcome................... PUDDIN

I always wanted to say that

Old 05-16-2007, 08:22 PM

Hey there! I'm back! NYC was great! I was a bit apprehensive before going... but I've been "converted" -- What a great city!!! -- Especially so for me since I come from the non-city of Detroit. We had a great time in NYC. Central Park is beautiful. Ground Zero was hard to comprehend... I never saw the Twin Towers when they were standing...hard to imagine as it was. NYSE area was interesting... cops with semi- automatic rifles hanging around the area -- surrealistic to me! -- I mean I understand the security issue -- just weird! Walked from Ground Zero to NYSE up through Chinatown and Little Italy and NoHo... gave up walking at that point and took subway back uptown! -- Loved Times Square -- why shouldn't one buy electronics there, though?-- Oh and I wanted to let everyone know The Hudson is a good hotel -- at w58th and 8th-- very pretty inside - small rooms-- but I guess that's par for NYC -- Clean! Strange though... no sign out front... it's like an open secret.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:12 AM

319 posts, read 493,951 times
Go to San Francisco. It's more fun.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:57 PM

18 posts, read 179,581 times
The Hotel St. James is amazing for its price.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City