U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 AM

477 posts, read 1,207,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Complain also about pain in the middle of the chest that is radiating in the arm and you get immediately a bed and an ECG taken.

If you're looking for a hangover remedy VALIUM prescription Bellevue is not the place anymore. They have a new strict policy.
If you do this to get back faster that you really are a piece of S. And it doesn't work if you are young and have pulled the same thing before and have had no risk factors. Once you get your EKG, your butt will be back in the waiting room for 8 hrs waiting. You don't need Valium for a hangover! You ask for Valium because you are a drug addict! How dare you lie and take up ER staff time when an actual sick person may need it? When the day comes that you actually are having an MI from your drug use I hope they label you as the boy that cried wolf.

All hospitals now have policies about narcotics and benzodiazepines, plus the state has a database so when people like you doctor shop or hop from ER to ER we know about it and can have you arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
As a registered nurse I hope you know that the treatment for severe hangover is a long acting benzo especially Valium 10mg 3-4 times per day. You don't know anything about my hangovers so how dare you make a judgement if I need it or not? And you also call me a drug addict do you really think that addicts wait in an ER room for 6-8 hours for some benzos, a drug addict would buy something instead on the street in 30 seconds. What are you popping when you come home from a long shift? The usual Gin Tonic with Xanax or Ativan miss young and eager nurse?

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-19-2012 at 11:41 AM..

Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 AM

460 posts, read 511,766 times
If you need an ER after drinking maybe you shouldn't drink.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:12 PM

477 posts, read 1,207,844 times
Quote:
As a registered nurse I hope you know that the treatment for severe hangover is a long acting benzo especially Valium 10mg 3-4 times per day. You don't know anything about my hangovers so how dare you make a judgement if I need it or not? And you also call me a drug addict do you really think that addicts wait in an ER room for 6-8 hours for some benzos, a drug addict would buy something instead on the street in 30 seconds. What are you popping when you come home from a long shift? The usual Gin Tonic with Xanax or Ativan miss young and eager nurse?
Benzos are never given for hangovers, you give iv fluids and zofran. You probably need benzos because that is the treatment for alcohol withdrawal so I guess that means you are an alcoholic. 10 years in ER, i know your type. If your drinking lands you in the ER then you belong in rehab.

And yes people will wait hours for drugs.

I don't use drugs to wind down from a long shift even when I worked nights.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
I actually worked in a very well known ER room in NYC for 6 months in my early 20's on a non-medical assignment ( No, I was not cleaning the ER room that was not part of my task) I was a hospital runner. I still to this day remember one incident, a nurse said go get the camera from the operation room and bring it to me. When I came running with the camera to the room there was this dude lying on the bed with a really nasty head injury. The nurse said come closer and take a picture of the injury for the NYPD. I did as i was told and took 4-5 pics. Then nurse then stitched him up and after an hour he was sitting in a wheelchair smoking a cigarette in front of the ER room, but my hands were shaking for the rest of the day. I also saw a young female nurse from the ER in a rave party but I left pretty quickly because there was no liquor around.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM

1,746 posts, read 3,420,304 times
Quote:
I actually worked in a very well known ER room in NYC for 6 months in my early 20's on a non-medical assignment ( No, I was not cleaning the ER room that was not part of my task) I was a hospital runner. I still to this day remember one incident, a nurse said go get the camera from the operation room and bring it to me. When I came running with the camera to the room there was this dude lying on the bed with a really nasty head injury. The nurse said come closer and take a picture of the injury for the NYPD. I did as i was told and took 4-5 pics. Then nurse then stitched him up and after an hour he was sitting in a wheelchair smoking a cigarette in front of the ER room, but my hands were shaking for the rest of the day. I also saw a young female nurse from the ER in a rave party but I left pretty quickly because there was no liquor around.
Is this Nurse Jackie? You are a drug addict and an alcoholic. Please get some help but do not clog the ER for your fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or