U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 10:40 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,814,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by levanna View Post
of course this is about greed .
You do mean your own, right?

Old 03-07-2010, 04:50 PM
TBD

13 posts, read 36,334 times
Why should you get a dime. You and your cats got a Rent Stabalized place for all these years and want to get paid for it

Old 03-07-2010, 07:11 PM

461 posts, read 1,765,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
Why should you get a dime. You and your cats got a Rent Stabalized place for all these years and want to get paid for it
Exactly. They want to benefit from the front end and now the back end. Rent Stabilization is horrible. Look at all the mess it creates.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:17 AM

64,627 posts, read 66,129,695 times
and tenants say landlords are greedy!

Old 03-08-2010, 07:06 AM

15,230 posts, read 23,756,652 times
You do not deserve anything. You chose not to buy, you chose to move....Why on Earth would you think the Ll should buy you out??? and of what, you do not own anything.

A rent stabilized (lucky) tennant does not get anything whe he/she moves.......I can't even begin why you would even remotely think you are due anything....**smacks head**

Old 03-08-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
You do not deserve anything. You chose not to buy, you chose to move....Why on Earth would you think the Ll should buy you out??? and of what, you do not own anything.

A rent stabilized (lucky) tennant does not get anything whe he/she moves.......I can't even begin why you would even remotely think you are due anything....**smacks head**

It gets worse people...these crooked liberal democrats want to make rent stabilization even STRICTER by introducing these new anti-landlord bills that are waiting to be voted on to further supress and strip away any remaining rights landlords have that benefit their business.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM

8,750 posts, read 15,555,711 times
It's sad that this Tenant is expecting a payday, and that "$50,000 is a paultry sum and you can't live anywhere for $300,000." They are living somewhere right now for considerably less!!! The buyout is to get you to move to something of equal value or better, NOT to buy you a home or pay for your children's education. I understand that you would not want to move, but $50,000 is PLENTY to someone earning $21,000, and can easily be a downpayment on a condo in the Bronx, or a much nicer apt, plus money left over to compensate you for your troubles. But somehow you deserve and are entitled to more? WHY?

It is just mind boggling what these Tenants demand or expect.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
It's sad that this Tenant is expecting a payday, and that "$50,000 is a paultry sum and you can't live anywhere for $300,000." They are living somewhere right now for considerably less!!! The buyout is to get you to move to something of equal value or better, NOT to buy you a home or pay for your children's education. I understand that you would not want to move, but $50,000 is PLENTY to someone earning $21,000, and can easily be a downpayment on a condo in the Bronx, or a much nicer apt, plus money left over to compensate you for your troubles. But somehow you deserve and are entitled to more? WHY?

It is just mind boggling what these Tenants demand or expect.
These tenants that are expecting a buyout are treating their RENTAL as an ASSET as if they were the owner of the apartment. News flash...YOU DO NOT OWN THE APARTMENT, THE LANDLORD DOES. Why should you profit off someone else's property that you do not own?

Goes to show how UNFAIR the LIBERAL Rent Stabilization law is when it conditions tenants in falsing believing that they are ENTITLIED to cheap rent and a buyout when they DON'T even OWN the property.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:44 PM

64,627 posts, read 66,129,695 times
ill go against the grain some what and say under certain circumstances its okay to buy out the tenants lease. let me explain:

first off im an investor and i am a landlord. although we have been liquidating the family real estate business we own, we still own co-ops overlooking central park with rent stabilized tenants.

my wife and i are also ourselves rent stabilized tenants in bay terrace queens as well , we live in the same apartment my wife lived in for 30 years.

now, unlike buying a personal residence the price of buying rental property is based in majority on rent role.. the fact that you have rent stabilized apartments can get you a property way below market value with that stabilized tenent in it.

we would buy co-ops way below value because not only do we get less then fair market rent but its now awaiting game to see if we can outlive the tenants stay , sell the apartment and reap nice gains based on fair market value.

to an investor time is money, and anything that speeds up the time factor to my profits is worth spending money on.

since it was the tenant being stabilized for life that got us that below market deal i guess you could say he was instumental in us getting that price.

so we have a standing offer to any of our city tenants that we will pay 50,000 to 100,000 dollars to buy out their lease so we can speed up the time process of making those huge gains.

do we like paying them? of course not, but to us its worth it to be able to sell those apartments for full market value and to do it in my lifetime while im still young enough to enjoy an early retirement

Last edited by mathjak107; 03-09-2010 at 05:38 PM..

Old 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
ill go against the grain some what and say under certain circumstances its okay to buy out the tenants lease. let me explain:

first off im an investor and am a landlord. although we have been liquidating the family real estate business we own, we still own co-ops overlooking central park with rent stabilized tenants.

my wife and i are also ourselves rent stabilized tenants in bay terrace queens as well , we live in the same apartment my wife lived in for 30 years.

now, unlike buying a personal residence the price of buying rental property is based in majority on rent role.. the fact that you have rent stabilized apartments can get you a property way below market value with that stabilized tenent in it.

we would buy co-ops way below value because not only do we get less then fair market rent but its now awaiting game to see if we can outlive the tenants stay , sell the apartment and reap nice gains based on fair market value.

to an investor time is money, and anything that speeds up the time factor to my profits is worth spending money on.

since it was the tenant being stabilized for life that got us that below market deal i guess you could say he was instumental in us getting that price.

so we have a standing offer to any of our city tenants that we will pay 50,000 to 100,000 dollars to buy out their lease so we can speed up the time process of making those huge gains.

do we like paying them? of course not, but to us its worth it to be able to sell those apartments for full market value and to do it in my lifetime while im still young enough to enjoy an early retirement

I agree mathjak but the buyout needs to be on the landlord's term not the tenant's. The tenant can't just come in and start demanding things and pretty much hold the apartment up as ransom to milk money out of the landlord. The landlord runs the show, not the tenant. But for some reason this tenant feels he is ENTITLED to an buyout and is treating his apartment as an asset AS IF he owned it which he don't. So he want to profit off the landlord's own property....doesn't this sound wrong to any of you? Well this is exactly what the Rent Stabilization law does. It screws the landlord and transfer ALL the power to the tenant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City