U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 08:08 AM

2 posts, read 4,542 times

Advertisements

Thank you for alerting me to this...it's all hype & of course $!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 AM

20,260 posts, read 26,646,929 times
I see some connections to LIFE EXTENSION, and I have long ago written that group off as crazy quacks. That was Dirk Pearson and Sandi Shaw's organization, two whack-a-doodles from a while ago.

There is good evidence for hormone replacement therapy to combat aging BUT although women have long had access to HRT, men have been deprived because of nonsensical sports scandals. Probably easier to get heroin than testosterone.

But these quacks sell a lot of crap that makes BELIEVE it is testosterone, or stimulates the body to make some...but its all nonsense, and a multi-billion dollar scam.

Last edited by Kefir King; 06-07-2013 at 08:43 AM..

Old 06-07-2013, 11:22 AM

12,120 posts, read 27,661,994 times
Braverman might work for someone with real serious medical issues but i found him to be overbearing and just plain unprofessional. I was 45 at the time i saw him and he actually passed a comment that "these kinds of people (ie in their 40's and never married) never get married I have a brother who never married" and when i met with him for a grand total of 20 minutes i felt like someone sitting in an office with Charlie and his angels (he had like 3-4 female assistants sitting in there blocking my view of him). when i would ask him about side effects of the medications he would not answer me and told me it would be $300 more to see him to answer those questions. on his radio show i think he made reference to me (not my name but i could tell he was identifying me) as a "narcissist" which i am clearly not (I am nice to a fault and NEED to be more narcissistic)

he tried to push a $300 electrode machine on me for "depression" when the assessment has always been that i have anxiety, not depression. he accuses traditional medicine as "ambulance chasing money making" but its all projection--he would know because from what i saw HE was all into money making

he wanted me to spend $1400 for diagnostic tests that were easily covered thru my Oxford plan. why? the tests were "better"

he used to be listed as a supplemental provider(which meant that you would get 50% off his fee) thru Oxford but was removed around 2006 or so. he gave me the discount anyway but i got the impression like they took it out on me because i was paying less, like it's my fault that i had insurance

his doctors were mostly snotty aloof and condescending. i saw them from 1/14/07 and ended on 4/1/07. except for one Russian lady who for some reason asked me i i had difficulty having erections. i should have told her "looking at you, it's no problem at all."

the only good thing he did for me was identify that i was pre diabetic and put me on a small dose of metformin. it took me 6 years to finally lose weight (i lost 26 lbs since last fall) and my diabetes has improved. my "insurance mill" doctors aren't perfect either but they're more honest and way less narcissistic than he is. they at least care more about me more than he ever did

oh, and he's always talking about how one's sex life is always related to one's medical status. that is an incredibly broad shallow statement to make. i guess he means that even if you hate your partner, as long as your medical condition is perfect because you see him, you will still have mind blowing sex with a partner that you hate? go figure

Old 08-16-2013, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,544 times
Smile GREATEST doc on the planet

Doctor Braverman is an excellent Diagnostic physician who takes a proactive approach to my medical health.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:37 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,661,994 times
and you still have $$ in the bank??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City