Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 10:39 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,072,659 times

Advertisements

I think there are a lot of fine guys in NYC. Definitely much more than in LA.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,247,256 times
Anyway, I'm back after the weekend. Can't believe how many posts are on here. I sincerely hope that DarkOne and Mario come to realize that catcalling and purposely brushing up against women for some sort of sick satisfaction are not only rude (if that counts for anything in their world) but down right disgusting. You might think it's innocent, the next guy might have even worse intentions. So cut it out. Hoping more decent men will stand up to protect a woman when they see this kind of thing going on.

The masturbation story was extremely disturbing not to mention the other passengers reactions. It's often more than brushing up, it's grabbing private parts and the scary thing is you don't know how far it will go not that that's not traumatic enough - can anyone say rape? Yes men, the thought of it by another man to you is exactly the same emotion it brings forth in women, except there isn't the possibility that you might end up pregnant too, if that makes things clearer. This is not a game or a courting ritual, it's a threat to women. Even being catcalled by more than one person when you're alone can feel intimidating. Big difference than just saying hello.

I remember a grandmother long ago who told all of her girls never to ride the train without carrying one of those 3 inch hat pins that women use to use. This may be a good business idea for someone!

Last edited by Sgoldie; 07-29-2008 at 10:56 AM..

Old 07-29-2008, 10:49 AM

44 posts, read 178,147 times
In my homeland country India these kind of things are common and women aren't safe there . Police regularly molest and I have seen guys stop their bikes and put their hands on women's chest . Seems like developing nations due to lack of law and order and widespread corruption sexual harassment is ignored there no wonder this culture is being imported to the US , no offense , just my take on the issue - joy

Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,016,804 times
The only time I would brush up against a women is if we're on the train and packed like sardines. So I really have nowhere to move, all I can do is face a direction. And if my choices include, a 250 lbs sweating white dude, a just-came-out of jail black dude, a gay hispanic male or a nice looking woman then you can bet your ass that I'm moving just a little closer to you.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:00 AM

838 posts, read 1,207,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario View Post
the only time i would brush up against a women is if we're on the train and packed like sardines. So i really have nowhere to move, all i can do is face a direction. And if my choices include, a 250 lbs sweating white dude, a just-came-out of jail black dude, a gay hispanic male or a nice looking woman then you can bet your ass that i'm moving just a little closer to you.
lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 AM

3,734 posts, read 4,538,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I remember a grandmother long ago who told all of her girls never to ride the train without carrying one of those 3 inch hat pins that women use to use. This may be a good business idea for someone!
That's hysterical! I'll have to remember that. LOL!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:27 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,557,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
The only time I would brush up against a women is if we're on the train and packed like sardines. So I really have nowhere to move, all I can do is face a direction. And if my choices include, a 250 lbs sweating white dude, a just-came-out of jail black dude, a gay hispanic male or a nice looking woman then you can bet your ass that I'm moving just a little closer to you.
.................................................. .................................................. ....

yeah, but the just-came-out of jail black dude named bubba as well as the gay hispanic male will also be edging toward YOU.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 AM

838 posts, read 1,207,073 times
I'm getting a pair of iron steel undies

Old 07-29-2008, 11:41 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,557,188 times
some of the pervs are locksmiths

Old 07-29-2008, 11:51 AM

40 posts, read 30,342 times
Unfortunately ladies..I am one of the dreaded pervs that you face on the train. Yes I will stare...and on occasion, if I can get away with it, a little friendly "accidental brushing up against." It's not a big deal...it is once in awhile..and harmless..just let me finish and we can all move in. Welcome to NY! =)

And just for the record..I think the girls do like the catcalls...deep down...you know you do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City