U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 PM

149 posts, read 145,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewarmer View Post
Its NYC..why would you expect anything different? If you want the London/Paris experience..you should go to London/Paris! In NYC you can have the most exclusive, high end experience in the world..as well as the worst...and everything in between...which is what makes it so great. It is certianly not for everyone, and yes if you are cute and the train is packed I will accidentally brush up against you..but consider it a "welcome to the city." Everyone is happy..you get the NY experience and I get my money's worth out of my metrocard.... yay!
Why do you do what you do? Are you sick?

Do you have respect for other people? You're not ashamed of yourself?

So what you're basically saying is that New Yorker men are animals? London and Paris have all the things (bad & good) you mentioned but I notice it way more in NYC and all the subway horror stories come out of NYC. Is it due to nonexistence of Hispanic men in London and Paris? I'm not saying it's true, but I'm trying to understand where you're getting your point from.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:55 PM

2,954 posts, read 10,805,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
To be honest, I have yet to be to any city that stands out more than others in beautiful women.
Paris. Prague.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 PM

103 posts, read 503,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
LOL! I think this guy is just trying to **** people off. He can't be serious. At least I hope he isn't. He would get more than an elbow from me. I look sweet, but I am LOUD and I have no problem making a scene to embarass a guy on the train. A nice slam against the door (so that he falls on his ass) and a "GO F*** YOURSELF YOU F***G idiot" is what I prefer. I have done that before..except the guy didn't fall on his ass.
When I was in high school we had a self defense training session and one of the things the trainers talked about was what to do if a stranger gropes you on the street/subway. They said to try to grab the offender's hand, stick it up in the air and say something to the effect of "this guy is groping me/grinding me" out loud so that everyone in the vicinty can hear you. I actually used that technique once (except I didn't feel like grabbing his hand!) and it was surprisingly successful. The guy ran away as quickly as he could. Absolutely make a scene and embarrass the guy!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden125 View Post
Paris. Prague.
Uhh Paris is Fabulous, but the people there are nowhere nearly as good looking as NYC.

They dress fab though. In a perfect world MEN and Women in America would dress like Parisians!!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurorainTarrytown View Post
When I was in high school we had a self defense training session and one of the things the trainers talked about was what to do if a stranger gropes you on the street/subway. They said to try to grab the offender's hand, stick it up in the air and say something to the effect of "this guy is groping me/grinding me" out loud so that everyone in the vicinty can hear you. I actually used that technique once (except I didn't feel like grabbing his hand!) and it was surprisingly successful. The guy ran away as quickly as he could. Absolutely make a scene and embarrass the guy!
Good job.

All women should call these predators out!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 PM

841 posts, read 3,930,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal elite View Post
from what i gather from your posts, they are indeed hoodrats.

Only hoodrats would be flattered by the ghetto cat-calls.
welcome to the hood, "liberal" "elite"

Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 PM

10,634 posts, read 16,225,084 times
Quote:
That's pretty much what I've done the few times its happened... "STOP GROPING ME, GET AWAY, WHY ARE YOU GROPING ME!" very loudly works.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:22 PM

838 posts, read 905,122 times
Quote:
LOL. My new self defense is pepper spray. Ya touch me..you're getting it in the eyes. I don't care when and where we are..I am sick and tired of these perverted idiots thinking they can get away with **** like that. I understand flirting...and if I ignore you and you stop..ok that's whatever..but if you are persistent like a dog.you're getting sprayed like a dog.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 PM

542 posts, read 1,504,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
And what if a man were to "accidentally" brush up against YOU -- would THAT be OK? After all, perhaps HIS partner isn't satisfying him 24/7 and, hey, there you are. You wouldn't be "wimpy" and "selfish" about him satisfying himself, now would you?

And just think, if you're lucky, maybe he'll buy you dinner later.
Actually, I have no problem with anyone brushing up against me - if it feels good to him/her and it is sensual enough ..... hey I'll take it ....

I am currently involved with two women, each half-time, and ladies .... I am not that hard up ..... believe me.

Furthermore, if one of these females or my mother or daughter were being brushed up against in public transit, (AND I HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN), my mother got very offended. However, I will be and have been the first to explain to these women that in crowded environments, these things tend to happen .... Rhyme or Reason - is sold separately.

Last edited by darkone; 07-31-2008 at 12:13 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 12:09 AM

3,225 posts, read 7,501,331 times
Actually, I have no problem with anyone brushing up against me - if it feels good to him/her and it is sensual enough ..... hey I'll take it ....
.................................................. ..............................

What's the world coming to.

Men on subways with never opened umbrellas during periods of drought and briefcases that never contain one sheet of paper.

Gives the good guys a bad name. My friend was standing in line at HSBC with a roll of quarters on his person and almost got arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or