U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 PM
 
1,494 posts, read 2,258,892 times
Reputation: 923

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Yeah I could also call you much worse but unfortunately I'm not allowed to on these forums.
I've probably already her that too, at least a few thousand times each.

 
Old 10-24-2011, 06:06 AM
 
Location: The United States of Amnesia
1,362 posts, read 1,489,870 times
Reputation: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
This thread is 1000 years old. The OP is a senior citizen, now living in FL, where nobody bothers her, except her arthritis (from time to time).
Exactly. This thread should be closed.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 06:08 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
20,144 posts, read 26,425,454 times
Reputation: 9029
R.I.P.


The original poster has, alas passed away from natural causes at the age of 90. Remarkable though were the number of catcalls that followed her hearse as it slowly rolled through town.

(I think she was smiling inside her coffin.)
 
Old 10-24-2011, 06:16 AM
 
Location: The United States of Amnesia
1,362 posts, read 1,489,870 times
Reputation: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
R.I.P.


The original poster has, alas passed away from natural causes at the age of 90. Remarkable though were the number of catcalls that followed her hearse as it slowly rolled through town.

(I think she was smiling inside her coffin.)
LOL. I believe her grand-daughter has joined city data. Her username is sexyhipsterunlvstudent.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 10:32 AM
 
1,494 posts, read 2,258,892 times
Reputation: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post
LOL. I believe her grand-daughter has joined city data. Her username is sexyhipsterunlvstudent.
And the granddaughter got succession rights to her lease.
 
Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times
Reputation: 7249
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Okay, wow, take a powder and lie down. I said in my post 'I get lots of attention', I meant the same type of attention as the OP (so I guess that doesn't make me unknowing or inexperienced).

Here's the difference btwn her perception and mine: she actively pays attention to the people who are trying to chat her up -- otherwise how would she make a sweeping generalization about their size, ethnicity and occupation? She pays attention to this, why? A theory: if the catcaller matched a physical description of what she would find attractive, she would consider it a compliment. But no -- her 'catcallers' seem to her, according to her description "short Hispanics delivering food", in other words beneath her contempt.

Call me pc, that's not exactly an insult. The point is, you come to NYC and you don't know how to act in public and you think it is someone else's fault -- possibly the fault of "those Hispancs"? NY women know to ignore it all, and to not make any assumptions about ethnicity. Stay classy on the street, be respectful of all, and they will be respectful of you.

This is a masterpiece:
"I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have... "

That's one of the best passive-aggressive statements I have ever read. Fit for passiveaggressivenotes dot com

p.s. you are correct that my fists are tiny, but I don't use them to hit at 30% of the population of NY
I think it is the creepy catcallers who are the ones that don't know how to act in public! OR do they get a "PC Pass"?
 
Old 10-24-2011, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times
Reputation: 7249
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
You seem to be a little brain dead. Hispanic men are not the only ones who do this. I've seen more white and African American men do it, that doesn't mean that they are the only ones.

Are you kidding me? What's not racist about saying 5 ft village people when referring to Mexicans? Even going as far as calling them subhuman. Give me a break. If Hispanics where just mentioned, that would have been fine. Unfortunately, this thread took a turn for the worse.

I bet if it was Johnny Depp all you females complaining would wet your little panties.
They are treating women as SUBHUMAN when they do this. If women get mad and consider them subhuman when they behave this way, what's wrong with that? Women should shut up and "like it?"

I love that Johnny Depp thing ... if he did things like this, it would show he is a creep ... it shows how you have no idea what street harassment of women means ... it does not mean "I'm interested in you!" It is a way of debasing women! if you were a cop would you say this to a rape victim, "You should have lay back and enjoyed it! What are you making all this trouble for by complaining?" (Cops used to actually say that to rape victims.)

Where does "stating the truth" and "being racist" begin/end? Do you think the NY Daily News is racist too for printing this picture:

Cops search for Coney Island murder suspect spotted riding young girl's pink bicycle
 
Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM
 
1,494 posts, read 2,258,892 times
Reputation: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
They are treating women as SUBHUMAN when they do this. If women get mad and consider them subhuman when they behave this way, what's wrong with that? Women should shut up and "like it?"

I love that Johnny Depp thing ... if he did things like this, it would show he is a creep ... it shows how you have no idea what street harassment of women means ... it does not mean "I'm interested in you!" It is a way of debasing women! if you were a cop would you say this to a rape victim, "You should have lay back and enjoyed it! What are you making all this trouble for by complaining?" (Cops used to actually say that to rape victims.)

Where does "stating the truth" and "being racist" begin/end? Do you think the NY Daily News is racist too for printing this picture:

Cops search for Coney Island murder suspect spotted riding young girl's pink bicycle
Comparing cat calls to rape is not a valid comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top