U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-26-2008, 05:22 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 2,703,822 times
Reputation: 283

Advertisements

Anyone who wants to know anything about the Colombo, Gambino, Genovese, Lucchese and Bonanno Mafia Families post a question(s).

If you want a biography, request which one you want to see. This also includes Irish and Jewish associates and members of La Cosa Nostra.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2008, 05:52 PM
 
866 posts, read 3,748,836 times
Reputation: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
Anyone who wants to know anything about the Colombo, Gambino, Genovese, Lucchese and Bonanno Mafia Families post a question(s).

If you want a biography, request which one you want to see. This also includes Irish and Jewish associates and members of La Cosa Nostra.
La Cosa Nostra is the Italian Mafia only. There are other mafia groups but they are not part of La Costra Nostra.

Do you know the current conditions of the five families in NY and if they are stronger or weaker than they once were? Also do you know anything about the North Jersey mob, that has always interested me.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 09:00 PM
 
2,541 posts, read 10,193,449 times
Reputation: 946
what were the specific primary sources of revenue for each family
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 11:29 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 2,703,822 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterguy View Post
Do you know the current conditions of the five families in NY and if they are stronger or weaker than they once were?
The Families are weakened and the FBI knows this. The Gambino and Bonanno have "Zips", which they bring in from Italy. These "Zips" have the discipline to carry out the orders and are off the laws radar because they don't have a rap sheet in the US. Recently a Gambino Capo, Francesco Cali, was arrested for extortion in the construction industry. He was a "Zip". The Colombo are slowly reviving after 3 major Family wars, by doing something the others havn't yet managed to do: hide their leadership. The Genovese are still their good old secret self. The Lucchese are still headed by "Little Vic" Amuso, and the Bonanno is headed by the imprisoned Vincent Basciano. The Bonanno Acting Boss is Salvatore Montagna, another "Zip".
All of the NY Families are still making millions of dollars and appear to be unstoppable. Their main rivals are the Albanians, who have wrestled some control away from the Luccheses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterguy View Post
Also do you know anything about the North Jersey mob, that has always interested me.
The DeCavalcantes are now less then 100 "Made" men. John Riggi is still the Boss, ruling from prison. Frank Gurracci is still the Acting Boss.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 11:36 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 2,703,822 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
what were the specific primary sources of revenue for each family
They all have loansharking, gambling, drugs, numbers and extortion. They use legitimate fronts for money laundering, like pizza parlours and funeral homes. Their hands also reach into food vendors and bank and HMO fraud. The Genoveses had their hands in the Fulton Fish Market, making millions a year by extorting trawlermen and truck drivers. They also had the Javitts Convention Hall, where they stole from trade shows. The Colombos had a partnership with the Russian Mafia in the gasoline scam.
The Luccheses tried bribing and extorting city officials by stealing the remains of the WTC in 2001.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 07:46 AM
 
2,742 posts, read 6,742,807 times
Reputation: 502
Hey I have one question...
A friend of mine(a doctor) invited me to eat in his parents house in Long Island...
A really big house.... While eating the conversation came up, about Italian Mafia(they are Italian)... And they told me oh,, the Gottis live next door...So I asked my friend,, what does your dad do for living,, he is construction.. oh..
Another family was also invated, and they also were in construction...
Are they connected? Last names, Mr Zitto(Zito, they are North Italians), and Mr Abitable(Sicilian). I know that not all Italian Americans are in mafia.. but dont they control contruction?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:15 AM
 
2,541 posts, read 10,193,449 times
Reputation: 946
Does the italian mafia compete or do business with the other ethnic gangs like the DDP', Trinitarios, United Blood Nation, Hell's angels, public enemy #1
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2008, 12:19 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 2,703,822 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Hey I have one question...
A friend of mine(a doctor) invited me to eat in his parents house in Long Island...
A really big house.... While eating the conversation came up, about Italian Mafia(they are Italian)... And they told me oh,, the Gottis live next door...So I asked my friend,, what does your dad do for living,, he is construction.. oh..
Another family was also invated, and they also were in construction...
Are they connected? Last names, Mr Zitto(Zito, they are North Italians), and Mr Abitable(Sicilian). I know that not all Italian Americans are in mafia.. but dont they control contruction?
Paul Castellano and John Gotti were both in the Gambino Family. Paul loved construction and appointed Salvatore Gravano as his point man in the union, where they rifled through the pension fund and stole equipment and other items. He even set up fake companies to steal items in a wholesale way. Its more then 70% that Mr Zito and Mr Abitable are connected. They could be Soldiers involved in payoffs or could have links with corrupt labour leaders in construction. After all, a Sicilian "Zip" called Francesco Cali was recently arrested. He was a Gambino Capo with his hands in construction. The Gambino are still rolling in it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2008, 12:21 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 2,703,822 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Does the italian mafia compete or do business with the other ethnic gangs like the DDP', Trinitarios, United Blood Nation, Hell's angels, public enemy #1
The Italians do business with the Hells Angels and the Hells Kitchen Irish. They were even involved with Nicky Barnes and Frank Lucas, the Black Mafia.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2008, 03:39 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 2,703,822 times
Reputation: 283
How do New Yorkers on here feel about the Mob? The fact that almost every facet of life they touch. I.E: What you eat, what you drink, what you drive, how you are buried and how your baby is dressed, etc.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top