U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 01:23 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,537,106 times

Advertisements

Can i take a rechargeable cordless Interplak toothbrush on a flight or will it be confiscated? I just bought it and don't want it to be taken from me. I read on the Federal website something about not bringing battery operated devices that could explode but it wasn't too specific. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 01:26 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,740,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
Can i take a rechargeable cordless Interplak toothbrush on a flight or will it be confiscated? I just bought it and don't want it to be taken from me. I read on the Federal website something about not bringing battery operated devices that could explode but it wasn't too specific. Any ideas?
I dont know,, but you can bring laptops, they have batteries,, also, celphones

Old 07-27-2008, 01:30 PM

7,079 posts, read 33,733,092 times
From the TSA website:

If you must carry a battery-powered device in any baggage, package it to prevent inadvertent activation. For instance, you should pack a cordless power tool in a protective case, with a trigger lock engaged. If there is an on-off switch or a safety switch, tape it in the "off" position.

So it seems OK..

Old 07-27-2008, 03:18 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,718,655 times
Cordless toothbrush, OK. But don't try to sneak a jar of frozen vegetable soup on the plane! That will be confiscated (I guess they thought I was going to launch a terrorist attack with it!)

Old 07-27-2008, 04:45 PM

Default thanks..

btw, can i bring prepared- at- home food (like a sandwich) to eat on the plane(no food served on this airline) or will that be suspect too?!

any advice for me, who hasn't flown since 1978 and has had constant airplane dreams (they planes actually never crash)? my doctor has offered to prescribe xanax for the round trip flights, do you really think i need it?

Old 07-27-2008, 06:18 PM

14 posts, read 46,640 times
I've brought sandwiches and snacks on recently. I haven't had a problem at all. You might also want to bring an empty water bottle. Once you get past security, you can fill it up at a drinking fountain.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,129,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
btw, can i bring prepared- at- home food (like a sandwich) to eat on the plane(no food served on this airline) or will that be suspect too?!

any advice for me, who hasn't flown since 1978 and has had constant airplane dreams (they planes actually never crash)? my doctor has offered to prescribe xanax for the round trip flights, do you really think i need it?
Be careful about that.. depending on your body, sometimes drugs act in a way they shouldn't... meaning that you're taking it to calm you down from fear of flight, but it can actually increase your paranoia to an unsettling level. I always find it better to avoid taking something if it's really not necessary.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:23 AM

27 posts, read 114,927 times
Default Don't be a hater . . . . lol

Everything you need to know, except for rare circumstances, is right here:
TSA | Transportation Security Administration | For Travelers (http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm - broken link)

Batteries are fine. There is a rumbling that a certain type of battery will not make the cut, but nothing has been announced. You'll be fine. Just make sure there the clutter of metal is minimal, no liquids or anything that shares that consistency is over 3.4 oz. Make sure all liquids are in a 1 quart zip lock bag, not a gallon.

Solid food is fine. Liquid food can be tainted with anthing. They're not going to take anyones word that something is what it is. If they do it for one person, then the next scumbag, not making eye contact, sweating, stuttering, and visually unkempt passenger that can't remember where he's going with a questionable jar of liquid slurry has to get the same pass. There's really a method to the madness there. They just can't explain the reason behind it.

But seriously, solid food alright. Batteries are alright. Read the link and have a good trip.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:55 AM

maybe i'll take an herbal calming supplement instead! cj cody thanks for your cordial words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City