U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:46 PM

55 posts, read 135,347 times

Advertisements

forest hills is kinda the park slope of queens. Good schools, safe, family place. It has more shopping and restaurants then kew gardens. You shouldn't need a car in either place since there's plenty of subway options and lirr. forest hills is going to have higher rents. Fh is one the more desirable places to live in queens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 12:51 AM

153 posts, read 378,048 times
Basically, Kew gardens is for pple who can't afford FH.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:28 AM

3,269 posts, read 4,661,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPersianJewGurL View Post
lol, interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babadi View Post
KG has an express stop too. Both the E and F trains stop at the Union Turnpike/Kew Gardens station.
the thing is, the bullk of kew gardens is located "well south" of that station

Quote:
"[Villacreses] said they were still paying bills," Kuzio said. "We just said show us the bills. They never did."
[skipped text]
"The biggest problem in a situation like that is you go to court and if you do everything right, six months will pass if you'r lucky, the judge will say havea new election, "Simms, said. "And there is no good mechanism to make sure the election is done or monitored properly
This is why I groan at the thought of having to deal with and live closely with the same people. At work too.

Is it really necessary to put the lady's phone number here on C-D? Shouldn't that be deleted? (personal info)

Old 02-25-2011, 12:24 PM

19 posts, read 44,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
75th Avenue (serviced only by the F train).
The E train skips the 75th Ave during rush-hour but does stop there.

As far as 24 delis...I live near the 67th stop and have an 24 hour grocery store (Fruit Ranch) near me.

There's several bars, shops (boutiques & chains), restaurants & pharmacies condense along Austin St. area (near LIRR & Subway - FH).

Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 PM

30,332 posts, read 31,201,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieQRS View Post
The E train skips the 75th Ave during rush-hour but does stop there.
Actually the E train stops at the 75th Avenue station weekday evenings/late nights and on weekends (meaning it skips 75th Avenue all day during the work week not only during rush hours).

Old 06-04-2014, 10:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,391 times
Default Kew Gardens in Great!

I love living here..beautiful homes, quiet, rolling hills. Not as popular as Forest Hills..but not as many problems either. Austin Street in Forest Hills has alot of problems at night due to the bars in the area. Lots of police and noise. Also, Austin Street retail and restaurants are commercial and the best thing there is the pop up fruit vendor on Continental.
Come to Kew..real nice place.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPersianJewGurL View Post
So not true. Both the same if you rent in a high rise..homes in Kew and FH range the same. Lots of homes in the "Gardens" dont look so great anymore. Homes in Kew are comparable and the hills are awesome.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:29 AM

7,048 posts, read 7,621,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc the cat View Post
So not true. Both the same if you rent in a high rise..homes in Kew and FH range the same. Lots of homes in the "Gardens" dont look so great anymore. Homes in Kew are comparable and the hills are awesome.
gibberish

Old 06-12-2014, 06:40 PM

3 posts, read 3,541 times
I lived in Kew Gardens, and now I live in forest hills closer to 67th drive, on the north side of Queens Boulevard. I miss Kew Gardens a lot, and if it was not for the fact that I have kids, I would not have moved to Forest Hills. Forest Hills has the best elementary schools in New York STATE. If you are single, or childless, and you want to live in a calm, pretty, friendly neighborhood with convenient transportation, and you find a good deal on an apartment-go for Kew Gardens, closer to the "village" area and not too far from Austin. I know Forest Hills has more restaurants, but they are really not worth living there for-trust me. If you want to shop or dine there, Forest Hills is only 3 minutes away anyway. Kew Gardens had two things that I loved-my favorite Indian Restaurant, and the best movie theater in Queens-one that plays artsy movies all within walking distance. The village has everything you need, a cute pottery store, decent pizza place, health food store, and okay delis. Furthermore, Metropolitan is not too far away, and there you have many more restaurants. If you need to do clothes shopping, most people go to the malls in Elmhurst and Rego Park anyway, so you don't gain much by living in Forest Hills on that end. Another thing I liked about Kew Gardens is that there are less elderly people there-although they seem to have decreased in numbers over time. I just found it strange to see so many people with walkers on the streets of Forest Hills when I first moved there. The one area I was disappointed in my immediate are in Kew Gardens is the lack of a small park/sitting areal. Where I am in Forest Hills has a small park and two playgrounds close by. Of course, if you walk about ten-fifteen minutes you do get to one of the prettiest parks in queens in Kew Gardens. So if you do find a place in Kew gardens, I suggest you get one with a balcony so you don't feel so closed in into your apt.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:28 AM

9,923 posts, read 7,687,681 times
In general Forest Hills is nicer than Kew Gardens, but most of Kew Gardens is nicer than parts of Forest Hills (i.e., way up there on 108th st).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City