U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 01:37 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times

Advertisements

he crowded the cop. tried to zip in front. aggressive bike behavior. you make way for cops. when you see one comin up on you you power down not up. why is it you and i can watch the same thing and see completely different events.
fyi i am an avid bike rider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 01:42 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,127,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Yup, protect and serve. Yea right! Glad I don't live in NYC, what a cess pool.

YouTube - Critical Mass Bicyclist Assaulted by NYPD
And you assume things like this only happen in NYC because....?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:45 PM

317 posts, read 1,019,166 times
I'm not one to vilify cops, but what this guy did is unacceptable. All people who support the police should be angry about this. He makes the whole department look bad, and gives those who hate cops even more fuel for their fire.

Also - unfortunately, this kind of thing is not a one-off event, it's just rare that it's caught on camera.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:33 PM

2,954 posts, read 10,792,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he crowded the cop. tried to zip in front. aggressive bike behavior. you make way for cops. when you see one comin up on you you power down not up. why is it you and i can watch the same thing and see completely different events.
fyi i am an avid bike rider.
Are you kidding? I am an avid bike rider too, and there's absolutely no excuse for what this cop did. The guy doesn't follow an arbitrary rule about slowing down the minute he sees the cop and the cop can slam him to the ground? You're out in Southern California. Believe me, if I went off like that on everyone in this city who crowded me, there'd be a lot of people on their a**es right now. But I guess I'm not a cop so I can't just lash out whenever I feel like it.

This is the kind of behavior that gives the NYPD a bad rep and then they wonder why. What about the other video beating on the guy who was lying still on the ground down on Delancey by the bridge?

Old 07-30-2008, 03:45 PM

40 posts, read 22,202 times
Yes unfortunately this kind of behavior is what gives the force a bad name, and the fact that he LIED about it in court papers AND the Union, despite also seeing the video, is backing him 100% with some contrived/BS story that NOBODY believes is absolutely laughable and shows that the unions/NYPD Brass will lie/cheat/steal to cover their own a$$ and ruin your life/your family's lives in a heartbeat. It is really sad that NOBODY from the police force even says "it is not NYPD policy to ram bikers off their bikes by charging them like a battering ram." And even if they can pose some sort of ridiculous/absurd argument about him being a terrorist that was trying to blow up half of Manhattan so the battering ram was "justified" (which of course is not true), how about they address the even scarier outright lying in court documents about what took place: "The NYPD does not tolerate nor encourage the falsification of court documents by anyone and appropriate and immediate action will be taken."

WILL ANYONE AT THE NYPD STEP UP AND SAY WHAT HE DID...ANY OF IT...IS CRIMINAL/WRONG/EXCESSIVE/NOT FOLLOWING PROCEDURE AND/OR NOT TOLERATED????!!!!!!!! Nope! These guys are ridiculous and an absolute joke.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 PM

2,954 posts, read 10,792,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewarmer View Post
"The NYPD does not tolerate nor encourage the falsification of court documents by anyone and appropriate and immediate action will be taken."
What BS...it's all in a day's work. Funny how the PBA's current story is nothing like the story before the video came out.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:20 PM

838 posts, read 902,194 times
THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THE NYPD AND MANY OTHER POLICE FORCES. FOR THOSE WHO SAY IT'S RARE...let me correct you..IT'S JUST RARE TO ACTUALLY CATCH IT ON CAMERA. Too bad this cop will probably get but a slap on the wrist.

I don't believe anything the police say! Been there done that. THey will backstab you and LIE outright.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:53 PM

939 posts, read 1,566,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THE NYPD AND MANY OTHER POLICE FORCES. FOR THOSE WHO SAY IT'S RARE...let me correct you..IT'S JUST RARE TO ACTUALLY CATCH IT ON CAMERA. Too bad this cop will probably get but a slap on the wrist.

I don't believe anything the police say! Been there done that. THey will backstab you and LIE outright.
Please tell us what horrible encounters you've had with the NYPD that leads you to believe that they're all evil and all corrupt.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:14 PM

838 posts, read 902,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Please tell us what horrible encounters you've had with the NYPD that leads you to believe that they're all evil and all corrupt.

Did I say ALL of them were evil and corrupt? Funny thing, I don't think I did! LOL.

Everyone keep watching the news! I'll be sure to post more links here about the NYPD..or maybe other police forces as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:15 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden125 View Post
Are you kidding? I am an avid bike rider too, and there's absolutely no excuse for what this cop did. The guy doesn't follow an arbitrary rule about slowing down the minute he sees the cop and the cop can slam him to the ground? You're out in Southern California. Believe me, if I went off like that on everyone in this city who crowded me, there'd be a lot of people on their a**es right now. But I guess I'm not a cop so I can't just lash out whenever I feel like it.

This is the kind of behavior that gives the NYPD a bad rep and then they wonder why. What about the other video beating on the guy who was lying still on the ground down on Delancey by the bridge?
they are not supposed to crowd you. they are not supposed to crowd me. but they tried to crowd a cop because they are used to crowding you and me. didn't work did it? that biker has probably got up in peoples face and zipped in front of them a 100 times. but not this time. in skating this is called bumping. a favorite for many aggressive rowdy roller blade people.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-30-2008 at 05:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City