U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:15 PM

1,867 posts, read 3,598,817 times

Advertisements

Perhaps the lurkers at the prior event only claimed to be lurkers in order to not reveal their on screen identities.. Gosh meeting in person could really give people on here some major ammunition on future personal attacks. That's my worry as things can get pretty hairy around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,129,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Perhaps the lurkers at the prior event only claimed to be lurkers in order to not reveal their on screen identities.. Gosh meeting in person could really give people on here some major ammunition on future personal attacks. That's my worry as things can get pretty hairy around here.
That's a good point, and might be true.. but whatever, I don't really care; I'm just out to have a good time.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:25 PM

40 posts, read 22,228 times
NYCwoman..I would be happy to show you around..and will gladly suck down as many beers as I can! PM me and we can set up a time..no worries.

Regarding the get together...since nobody has the cojones to set it up..I will think of a place and get back to you shortly, the date will be next Friday @ 8:30pm somewhere in the city...details coming shortly.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewarmer View Post
NYCwoman..I would be happy to show you around..and will gladly suck down as many beers as I can! PM me and we can set up a time..no worries.

Regarding the get together...since nobody has the cojones to set it up..I will think of a place and get back to you shortly, the date will be next Friday @ 8:30pm somewhere in the city...details coming shortly.
I knew you'd give in eventually! Good deal.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:45 PM

Actually the lurker/under-cover-regular-poster takes all the fun out of it. Otherwise its really just a bunch of strangers meeting up, rather than getting to hang out with your "friends" and "frenemies" and get a different impression than you get on screen about them (or clarify that your impression was correct). Some people would be easily recognizable, like say SuperMario being only 19, Spanish and from the BX. He's probably a minority being in that age group on here (I suspect there's more old farts like me) so he'd be an easy one to figure out. Also probably page3000, she has also described herself pretty well. It would be fun if all the regulars showed up 4 sho! LOL

Old 07-31-2008, 03:08 PM

40 posts, read 22,228 times
I suspect everyone would actually get along surprisingly well...as we are all just regular people for the most part. However I don't think I could ever pick anyone out...I really have no idea what anyone looks like..even with a description, as I have learned how people view themselves and how others view themselves can be very different. Nonetheless I will arrange something for next Friday (august 8)...and I should have a place set up by tomorrow. I shall keep you all posted!

Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Actually the lurker/under-cover-regular-poster takes all the fun out of it. Otherwise its really just a bunch of strangers meeting up, rather than getting to hang out with your "friends" and "frenemies" and get a different impression than you get on screen about them (or clarify that your impression was correct). Some people would be easily recognizable, like say SuperMario being only 19, Spanish and from the BX. He's probably a minority being in that age group on here (I suspect there's more old farts like me) so he'd be an easy one to figure out. Also probably page3000, she has also described herself pretty well. It would be fun if all the regulars showed up 4 sho! LOL
Well.. I'm just 19 as well, so you'll be able to spot me easily!
BTW, I was looking forward to SuperMario and Guy having a chat about the BX... any chances of this happening??

Old 07-31-2008, 04:52 PM

Ah yes AK, you are the young white college guy, mad laid back. I bet I could pick you out too! hehe

Old 07-31-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
Well.. I'm just 19 as well, so you'll be able to spot me easily!
BTW, I was looking forward to SuperMario and Guy having a chat about the BX... any chances of this happening??
ai dios mio LOL

did guy go to the last one? who on here went to the so-called lurker party??

Old 07-31-2008, 05:06 PM

5,503 posts, read 17,199,837 times
I come in peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City