U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM

7 posts, read 30,189 times

Advertisements

What is up with these huge houses in this area i see 3 family house 2 family house even 6 family house then u see a big ass house like a little mansion they should be focusing on apartment building and affordable houses in this neighborhood.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 11:06 AM

536 posts, read 2,091,490 times
We had a discussion quite recently about it. Look up "housing in Queens" or something, I forgot exactly what the name of the thread was. All about oversized single-families.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:20 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,713,783 times
If you stop to think about it, it's not anyone's business whether people choose to live in large single-family houses or not. Maybe the residents of Whitestone (and neighboring College Point, for that matter) don't want a sea of apartment buildings.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:22 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,128,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
If you stop to think about it, it's not anyone's business whether people choose to live in large single-family houses or not. Maybe the residents of Whitestone (and neighboring College Point, for that matter) don't want a sea of apartment buildings.
I agree.. not every area of the city needs apartment buildings. Maybe it's more convenient for some people, but it takes away from the character of certain areas.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:48 PM

8 posts, read 16,188 times
Whitestone is by far the most beautiful neighborhood I have ever seen. What sets it apart are the gorgeous new mediterranean homes being built there. Nowhere else in the country have I ever seen anything like it. Especially how the far majority of new and remodelled homes in Whitestone are all the same style. It gives the neighborhood such a distinctive feel. Not to mention most homes in Whitestone have meticulously landscaped lawns. Show me a neighborhood like Malba. I dont think there are any. Certainly not with those style houses. Maybe in Portugal, Spain, or Italy but not in the US where idiots think putting siding on their house equates with a stylish reodelling job. Dont try to make this beautiful neighborhood like the rest of nyc. Cramped in dirty apartment buildings and all the scum that goes with it. Have some pride that NYC still has some neighborhoods to be proud of and work to ensure they are preserved.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:53 PM

5 posts, read 27,857 times
I think they're trying to downsize the MacMansions going up in North East Queens... 6 family houses? Keep crowded houses in crowded neighborhoods!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City