U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:50 AM

1,278 posts, read 3,665,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeBeeches View Post
I would love to see instances of this.. Is that a hypothetical suggestion? Like a maybe?

Or have you ACTUALLY felt threatened and victimized by White/Asian men?

I have never walked through an extremely poor Asian community.

Yes I grew up in the South, where there are swaths of rural poor areas. And a poor, meth addicted, inbred trailer park is equally as intimidating as a NYC ghetto.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:52 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,130,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeBeeches View Post
No

I am talking about PERSONAL experiences.. Don't give me some link to a random article.

I can counter it by saying there's way more men of color per capita causing crimes.
It's not a random article, it's the official site that registers all offenders.

If you want to talk personal experiences then talk personal experiences.. so far, you've blatantly stated that all Black and Hispanic people are bad, and that White and Asian have never in existence hit on a woman on the street. You also said that all women wish they had "Latin-dar" or "Black-dar" which I'm not sure I want to be elaborated on.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 AM

5 posts, read 5,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
I have never walked through an extremely poor Asian community.

Yes I grew up in the South, where there are swaths of rural poor areas. And a poor, meth addicted, inbred trailer park is equally as intimidating as a NYC ghetto.
Care to elaborate?? I am really curious about the kind of comments you were subjected to. What would they say to you?

Plus what's your race?

Old 08-04-2008, 12:01 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,276,533 times
This is a poor problem not a black and Hispanic problem. Go walk around downtown Coral Gables, FL (a rich city right outside of Miami) and probably 2/3+ of the people on the street will be Hispanic. See how many lewd comments you get.. probably none. There was white (non-Hispanic) trash where I grew up too and they could be pretty bad with their comments to girls passing by. Poor black and Hispanic people in the NYC ghetto isn't exactly representative of how non-poor black and Hispanic people act.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:03 PM

I do not care to elaborate on what stupid men say. I am white, and "bad apple" white men, say the same shi* that "bad apple" Hispanic or black men say.

People live in close proximity in NYC and the large areas of poor people in the city are peope of color. It has a lot to do with the situation they were raised in and not the color of your skin.

For example, if you take some of those "bad apples" out of there current ghetto, and re-raise them in a loving environment where they don't watch their dad or brother say shi* to women everyday, then the outcome would be different. Does that make sense?

Old 08-04-2008, 12:05 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,276,533 times
Quote:
I do not care to elaborate on what stupid men say. I am white, and "bad apple" white men, say the same shi* that "bad apple" Hispanic or black men say.

People live in close proximity in NYC and the large areas of poor people in the city are peope of color. It has a lot to do with the situation they were raised in and not the color of your skin.

For example, if you take some of those "bad apples" out of there current ghetto, and re-raise them in a loving environment where they don't watch their dad or brother say shi* to women everyday, then the outcome would be different. Does that make sense?
It makes perfect sense; thank you for posting this.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 PM

Call me racist but I feel like the attention I get from most Hispanic and Black men is far from courteous.

They usually stare at me lasciviously or lick their lips. And this is my experience from elite looking guys too..guys in suits on the train or guys on their lunch break on Madison Avenue.

White guys also check me out but they do it in a fashion that's a lot less threatening. They may smile at me.. But a lot of them are extremely shy so at the most they look at me smile, grin and look down or look away.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:12 PM

536 posts, read 2,092,160 times
^^^

she's either just stirring s*** up or just so racist that any gesture from a white guy is sweet and any from a black guy is disgusting. the "white guys being shy" thing was the dead giveaway. there is no way you're serious.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:15 PM

lol... you honestly expect us to believe that Hispanic men dressed in business suits are looking at you on the subway and lavishly licking their lips in an attempt to hit on you?? lol!!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
lol... you honestly expect us to believe that Hispanic men dressed in business suits are looking at you on the subway and lavishly licking their lips in an attempt to hit on you?? lol!!
Yea I could care less what you believe.

For all I care you're probably trailer trash living somewhere in the PJ's dating/married to a man of color. Thus your obvious racism towards your own kind.

Maybe you're one of those White girls no White man wants - so you feel an empathy towards men of color since they're the only ones who will have you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City