U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:47 PM

3,225 posts, read 7,492,980 times

Advertisements

White guys also check me out but they do it in a fashion that's a lot less threatening. They may smile at me.. But a lot of them are extremely shy so at the most they look at me smile, grin and look down or look away.
.................................................. .................................................. .

Your experiences with white guys are not the general rule. If they were then no white guys would ever get lucky and I see lots of lucky white dudes out there in the Big Apple.

Also there was a post in the other thread about some Asians riding by on bicycles in the old country and routinely touching a breast or two as they pedaled along. The poster observed that both cops and passersby participated in the common ritual.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:00 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,128,643 times
lol, I remember back in the day (aka 5 years ago), i was with my girlfriend at the time in Forest Hills, and some white guys pulled up, and were hitting on her.. while I was with her! They continued to circle around the block making remarks everytime they passed by.. I just laughed, because it wasn't really all that serious to me, but it does happen!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:05 PM

1,278 posts, read 3,664,674 times
lol Analytical , you have to be at least 40 b/f you use the term "back in the day"
you are like 18 right??

Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,128,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
lol Analytical , you have to be at least 40 b/f you use the term "back in the day"
you are like 18 right??
19.. I use that term in jest

Old 08-04-2008, 02:16 PM

8,900 posts, read 12,703,440 times
I guess I'm the exception to the rule. I'm a 24, white female who could really care less how much a guy makes. As long as it's enough to support us. I hardly ever shop and don't buy expensive things. I teach, so I spend my own money on anything I want, the rare times I do. I don't rely on my fiance at all. I feel bad if he buys me anything more than $20 LOL. Not all of us are like that, don't worry

Old 08-04-2008, 02:34 PM

3,225 posts, read 7,492,980 times
I hardly ever shop and don't buy expensive things. I teach, so I spend my own money on anything I want, the rare times I do. I don't rely on my fiance at all. I feel bad if he buys me anything more than $20 LOL.
.................................................. .................................................. ..................

waited for as woman like this all my life...now it's too late, here I am over the hill, willing to spend my life savings for a lady like this, but alas, the pot belly always sticks out ahead of my wallet or she's already taken, they always tell me.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:15 PM

98 posts, read 85,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotizedd View Post
I have lived in NYC basically all of my life and find too many of these women to be obsessed solely with finding a husband/worker bee to support them and their extravagant lifestyle...basically going from parents to pay their bills straight to a husband/boyfriend/sucker to pay their bills.

Why are women so obsessed with finding the bank account of their dreams in NYC? It is really sad to find so many women jumping from guy to guy for a nice dinner, free drinks, and providing them a lifestyle they cannot afford, sustain, or deserve. It is really unnerving and a sad testament of the state of affairs of too many women in NYC....as a man living in NYC...I find it utterly appauling and sad...as these women will ultimately never find what they are looking for and make everyone's lives miserable because of it.

It is especially bad with white women, and the many throngs of girls who have recently arrived here from Nowheresville, Iowa trying desperately to live the Sex and the City lifestyle while living off parents and sharing an apt with 4 other girls (you know who you are).

I mean seriously...do these women have any respect for themselves?

Maybe you should lower your standards.

How is dating for money any worse than dating someone for their good looks? Both could be considered equally superficial.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:25 PM

33 posts, read 26,091 times
Lol....I have no standards...so they could not possibly be lowered! =)

Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 PM

398 posts, read 1,177,145 times
I really cant stand the attitude of the "Sex in the City" type females that are in NY. But I play the game very well,and never give them the upper hand.I've dated quite a few,I just take them for what they are,And get what I want out of it.I prefer the girls who grew up in the boroughs of New York ANYDAY, over these chicks from Manhattan that think they're in a TV show!LOL.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:08 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,273,527 times
Hopefully this won't offend anyone (but I'm sure many of you will disagree), but however you cut, slice, and dice it young, single people in Manhattan making $75,000+ per year are RICH and and can afford to spend a far greater amount of their income on food, clothes, and entertainment than most other people of similar age not only in the US but in first world nations everywhere. It's really funny to me that people have a deluded idea that $100,000 for a single person in Manhattan is "middle class." Yeah, right! When you are renting a $3000/month apartment, dropping a hundred dollars regular on dinners for two, and spending $350 for a pair of shoes, you are the RICH, and even many people who afford these luxuries refuse to admit this.

It's funny you mention Sex and the City because to most people in this country, young singles in Manhattan engaging in the kind of consumption I described above might as well be on TV or in the movies in their minds. Middle class people in Apple Tree Hills Gardens, Illinois eat at Applebees, shop at JC Penney, and live in 2 bedroom apartments with $1000 rent. A high proportion (but certainly not all) of below 96th Street Manhattan is, to the eye of most people in others parts of this country and also the world, extravagantly rich. Although it's a shame that some young women judge a man by the size of his paycheck, it's an unfortunate consequence of our city's economic prosperity. With wealth comes want for more and I think lots of these young girls take it to the extreme and literally want to live like movie stars the moment they arrive in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City