Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:28 PM

473 posts, read 1,670,601 times

Advertisements

2 cops are charged in Bronx pistol-whip (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2008/08/18/2008-08-18_2_cops_are_charged_in_bronx_pistolwhip.html - broken link)

Two off-duty female cops yelled "We are the police!" - and then pistol-whipped a Bronx man in what authorities call a case of road rage.

These ladies are gangster.... I wouldn't mess with them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 04:46 PM

108 posts, read 272,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
2 cops are charged in Bronx pistol-whip (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2008/08/18/2008-08-18_2_cops_are_charged_in_bronx_pistolwhip.html - broken link)

Two off-duty female cops yelled "We are the police!" - and then pistol-whipped a Bronx man in what authorities call a case of road rage.

These ladies are gangster.... I wouldn't mess with them
I hope they get fired....and put in the clink.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,212 times
Sounds like their is more to this story.... the last line should have been "To be continued..."

Old 08-20-2008, 02:35 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
It certainly does sound like there's more to this story. For instance, I'm curious to know why the guy pulled up beside the cop's car with his drivers side door open. That doesn't sound like everyday behavior to me. But as usual, our friendly local media doesn't bother to find out what was really going on at the time. There are a lot of people out there masquerading as reporters who ought to be back in school to learn something about journalism.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,390 times
I read that the guy's open car door was blocking the off duty officers from being able to get by in their SUV. They yelled at him and he yelled back some insult, probably like "wait an f'n minute while I get my kid out of the back seat" (I've been known to have my door open as I'm doing that). Once he yelled the insult at them, which is NOT a crime BTW, they walked over to him and sprayed him with Mace and then started beating him up.

I believe they have been suspended without pay. Biatches! Hope they get some jail time for their crime.

Now why yall would question this just cuz they are officers is beyond me. They are hood biatches who had road rage and thought it was fine to attack someone with Mace because he made a VERBAL insult. Verbal insults are legal last I heard.

Hopefully they'll get their asses handed to them in prison for this.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:45 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
If that's what happened, then of course termination (along with loss of pension) and some jail time is richly deserved. It wouldn't be the first time someone thought they could get away with something like that simply because they happen to be police officers.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:47 AM

173 posts, read 192,629 times
Yet more bad press for a hobbling police force. These guys really need to get a new marketing team, because seeing Ray Kelly's face everyday trying to cover for these hoodlums/thugs is ridiculous already. The fact remains, these hood rats/cops took the law into their own hands because they were being inconvenienced, and used their "power" as cops to do as they pleased....unfortunately, they do not have the kind of backing as that other thug, the critical mass cop that rammed the kid off the bike and then lied about it in court papers. These girls are nothing more than thugs and will go down for it. No I wonder what happened to that critical mass cop? Any word? These thuggish assaults on civilians seems to be getting out of control...is there anyway to control this mob?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:34 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
The account I read also had the vehicle in which the man was beaten as stationary, and the police women pulled up along side in a Suburban and had difficulty doing so, yelled at him in crude language, to which he responded, and the "beat down" was on, hence the reason the "ladies" were charged with gang violence and criminal possession of a weapon. And, in the account I read, I believe a witness thought that they had seen a gun pointed at the man's head, or perhaps he saw that at one point during the attack. This conduct, while isolated, needs to be addressed and a better class of recruit should be brought into the NYPD.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:04 AM

173 posts, read 192,629 times
And in case you didn't know, according to the Daily News: "A witness not only tried to break up the fight, but took down the license plate of Robinson's fleeing black Suburban. Cops tracked the plate to Robinson's home. The women were arrested before they showed up for work Saturday, sources said. "After they kicked his ass, they got back into the car and left," a source said. "Then they went to work the next day like nothing ever happened and were called into the office by [the Internal Affairs Bureau]," a source said." ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS...the list of atrocities just keeps going on and on and on....

Old 08-20-2008, 11:09 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Take a look at the people they are hiring at NYPD, the lowered salary requirements, etc. I've seen trainees who don't look old enough to drink. You hire thugs, you get thuggery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City