Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:22 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackgarbage View Post
ive just had a icd implanted (DIBRALATOR PACE MAKER)I HAVE 24 YEARS WILL I BE FORCED TO RETIRE CAN I QUALIFY FOR THE HEART BILL
Jack,you should ask that in the DSNY 6063 thread,there are guys over there that might know the answer,good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 03:51 AM

1,495 posts, read 5,044,573 times
I think it's pretty stupid to have such a good job lined up and then possibly lose it over smoking weed. You'll never get into the DSNY again or probably other state jobs either

Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 AM

289 posts, read 745,902 times
Default No to drug's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggycat View Post
anyone know when they drug test? Is it at the physical or the medical? I just wanted to know because i am in the six thousands and have my physical on nov 5th. i used to smoke weed heavy but haven't in couple of weeks because of this test. i was just worndering if anyone knew when they are going to drug test me? thank you.
WHEN YOU TAKE THE MEDICAL AND IF YOU GET ON THE JOB FOR THE NEXT 20 YEAR'S, "AS LONG AS YOUR ON THE JOB",GIVE IT UP OR YOUR LOSE OUT ON A GREAT JOB.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:30 AM

212 posts, read 699,543 times
just my opinion,but cocaine,heroin,pills,booze are things i worry about people using.marijuana is in the system for 30 days or more,making testing very easy to catch users.when testing became commonplace,cityworkers gave up using it in droves.however,...the use of cocaine/etc went up exponentially.the other drugs dissapear in 3 days.if the tests with hair were done instead of urine,huge amounts of civil service employees would be busted.i don't condone the use of marijuana on duty on any job.however i'd rather have someone take a toke after work(if so inclined)than have closet alchoholics,and hard drug users avoiding detection.that being said,being awol from work means theres a problem.could mean someones hiding for 3 days until they are clean from the hard,nasty drug use.if someone is anti-union i wish they could go back in time to work in the coal mines before the organized the first unions in the USA.all union men are my brothers and sisters.peace.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:32 AM

212 posts, read 699,543 times
hey sanman.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:09 PM

556 posts, read 1,445,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
just my opinion,but cocaine,heroin,pills,booze are things i worry about people using.marijuana is in the system for 30 days or more,making testing very easy to catch users.when testing became commonplace,cityworkers gave up using it in droves.however,...the use of cocaine/etc went up exponentially.the other drugs dissapear in 3 days.if the tests with hair were done instead of urine,huge amounts of civil service employees would be busted.i don't condone the use of marijuana on duty on any job.however i'd rather have someone take a toke after work(if so inclined)than have closet alchoholics,and hard drug users avoiding detection.that being said,being awol from work means theres a problem.could mean someones hiding for 3 days until they are clean from the hard,nasty drug use.if someone is anti-union i wish they could go back in time to work in the coal mines before the organized the first unions in the USA.all union men are my brothers and sisters.peace.

100% agreed.

I dont get how someone can come in drunk everyday. But because i like to smoke and watch a movie on the weekend, I shouldn't have a job. I know plenty, plenty of people who smoke. They are at every level. I really dont even see how being high on weed would make one incapable of lifting garbage. Luckly they dont test here. Its really a shame that alot of good, qualified people dont get jobs because they smoke weed.

And go to a program? Its a psychological addiction, so that means many people should go to the "program" as well. ANger, lying, abusive and all those mental problems and you can keep your job. Please give me a break already employers.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,457 times
Smoking weed is nasty,the odor is really bad. Smoke as much as you want at home,but it has no place out in public and in the workplace.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 PM

22 posts, read 49,434 times
Anybody here that took the physical yet what list number r u?

Old 01-07-2009, 02:37 PM

192 posts, read 401,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
whats his nationality...everyone knows if your italian or irish your job with sanitation is pretty much safe.
lies

Old 01-15-2009, 10:21 AM

30 posts, read 54,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
whats his nationality...everyone knows if your italian or irish your job with sanitation is pretty much safe.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City