Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:25 AM

110 posts, read 347,206 times

Advertisements

I am not voting for this guy again. That's my answer.

Last edited by Viralmd; 09-05-2008 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 09:32 AM

274 posts, read 1,108,559 times
Controlling, left-wing, elitist liberal snob who is out of touch with most of NYC, out to remake NYC into his own image, and who is in office because he parcels out Manhattan to his developer buddies and because a certain segment of the population falsely believes he is one of their own.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:35 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
Talking I Agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx-Rochester View Post
I am not voting for this guy again. That's my answer.
Good old Bloomy actually compared himself to "007"......could you imagine that little weasel going face to face with anything other than a wet paper bag????

Last edited by Viralmd; 09-05-2008 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Original post changed

Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 AM

15 posts, read 15,807 times
Hmm..I believe he went face to face twice with rivals for Mayor...and won in a landslide. But AceRock here are my thoughts about your accusations: 1-Controlling? When you are mayor of the city of NY, a population of 8 millions, with all the crime issues, Union crap (the real ones in control), and all the other selfish/illogical/ignorant groups, you kinda have to be controlling! 2-Elitist snob? Don't know many of those who run a city for free (he does not take a dime in tax payer salary for the job). Why was he offering cash for kids to go to school and get good grades? Don't hate him because he is a billionaire. He earned it by the way..it was not an inheritance. 3-Remake the city into his own image? Why did he invest billions into expanding affordable housing for the working/middle class? Because he loves it? 4-Parcels out land to his developer friends? You should be Mayor, that way we can leave buildings empty and abandoned, empty lots with rats, bums, and dealers. There is no affordable housing crisis in this city after all....who needs it! Why develop un/underutilized properties into businesses, housing, parks, schools, offices, retail...services and amenities that the city uses, needs, and makes us stronger. No way...that is just wrong, elitist, and snobby! Hey why not throw in racist too!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 AM

110 posts, read 347,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBronxGuy View Post
I think Bloomie has done alot for the city. He oversees the city like a business, he has aimed towards cutting wasteful spending, put the Union's power back in check, addressed significant quality of life issues, immensely expanded affordable housing in the city, is focusing and executing a plan to make the city incredibly green and clean, and is priming each borough to be it's own economic engine and not just rely solely on Manhattan as the economic driver of the city. Fortunately for you, there are term limits so you will not be voting for him again for Mayor. He may run for governor though, which would be far better for the city and state, as he will have far more control of what goes on outside of the city.

He is trying to make term limits life-long: hence so limits!!! I don't want that.

One good reason I'm not voting for hom is that the disperity between the poor and the rich grew to a great degree when he became mayor.

Now there was always this huge gap, but the poverty problem is now even worse than ever for NYC, as Bloomy is doing nothing about it (neither did Guiliani, either)

Old 09-05-2008, 10:14 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
He's been more good than bad. I like a lot of what he has done with the schools, and like him or not he's been very productive. In my lifetime, he's been by far the most productive mayor.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:23 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,932,494 times
He's better than many others. I go back to Mayor Wagner...Just dreadful. And there've been some real doozies - Abe Beame and David Dinkins, just to name two.

Bloomberg is doing a good job. And he gets paid one dollar for it.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM

274 posts, read 1,108,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBronxGuy View Post
Hmm..I believe he went face to face twice with rivals for Mayor...and won in a landslide. But AceRock here are my thoughts about your accusations: 1-Controlling? When you are mayor of the city of NY, a population of 8 millions, with all the crime issues, Union crap (the real ones in control), and all the other selfish/illogical/ignorant groups, you kinda have to be controlling! 2-Elitist snob? Don't know many of those who run a city for free (he does not take a dime in tax payer salary for the job). Why was he offering cash for kids to go to school and get good grades? Don't hate him because he is a billionaire. He earned it by the way..it was not an inheritance. 3-Remake the city into his own image? Why did he invest billions into expanding affordable housing for the working/middle class? Because he loves it? 4-Parcels out land to his developer friends? You should be Mayor, that way we can leave buildings empty and abandoned, empty lots with rats, bums, and dealers. There is no affordable housing crisis in this city after all....who needs it! Why develop un/underutilized properties into businesses, housing, parks, schools, offices, retail...services and amenities that the city uses, needs, and makes us stronger. No way...that is just wrong, elitist, and snobby! Hey why not throw in racist too!
Yup, he's Master Bloomberg to the poor masses who love him.

He taketh from the dwindling middle class and upper middle class, giveth most to his buddies, and giveth a bit to the masses of poor in the Bronx.

And yes, he is racist too. There's a reason why his daughter went to an all white prep school. God forbid she rubs elbows or other parts with one of you's Noo Yawkers from the Bronx.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM

15 posts, read 15,807 times
Lol...lots of accusations and attacks, but ZERO substance...you sure you are not Sarah Palin? He is racist becuase his daughter went to an all white prep school? I went to an all black/Hispanic grammar school...does that make me racist? Everyone of my friends all through childhood were black and hispanic...am I racist because of that too? Where I live 99.9% of the residents are black/hispanic....am I racist? According to your "logic"..I must be...

Old 09-05-2008, 02:34 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
I wasn't entirely thrilled about the way he started kissing up to Governor Pataki. But Pataki's out, so maybe he can get back to being more of the independent we originally elected.

As to voting for him again (assuming he winds up being eligible for a third term), that all depends on the opposition. All things considered, I believe I'd rather have someone who isn't really a politician than someone who is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City