U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:14 AM

46 posts, read 130,519 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised they'd be so open - I would have thought celebrities would be obsessed by stalkers and other crazies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 AM

6,970 posts, read 12,571,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
SoHo, the Village, Central Park West, and the Upper East Side tend to be locales where many celebrities maintain residences. Many like NYC because of the anonymity, since New Yorkers generally don't notice or go out of their way to recognize a celebrity as they do in other areas of the country.
yup. that's about right. i used to run into a bunch of em by 6th & 7th Ave's down by the Village/Chelsea. yeah nobody seemed to care.

Last edited by john_starks; 09-08-2008 at 08:55 AM..

Old 09-08-2008, 08:44 AM

31 posts, read 126,092 times
They live all over but generally probably more in Downtown.

Kelly Ripa lives on Crosby St. So have Lenny Kravitz & Nicole Kidman. Gong Li has an apartment on Crosby St. too. Cindy Crawford used to live around Centre St. a couple of blocks away, Moby lives in Nolita nearby. Up in Noho Naomi Watts & Liev Shereiber live on Bond St.

SJP lives on Charles St. in the West Village. Celebrities live in the West Villages are Jennfer Connoly & her husband, Liv Tyler, Julianne Moore..etc.

I heard Nicole Richie and her baby daddy are buying condos on Bowery St, I am hoping it's just rumor. They seem to be better off in L.A.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:08 AM

6,970 posts, read 12,571,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaB View Post
They live all over but generally probably more in Downtown.

Kelly Ripa lives on Crosby St. So have Lenny Kravitz & Nicole Kidman. Gong Li has an apartment on Crosby St. too. Cindy Crawford used to live around Centre St. a couple of blocks away, Moby lives in Nolita nearby. Up in Noho Naomi Watts & Liev Shereiber live on Bond St.

SJP lives on Charles St. in the West Village. Celebrities live in the West Villages are Jennfer Connoly & her husband, Liv Tyler, Julianne Moore..etc.

I heard Nicole Richie and her baby daddy are buying condos on Bowery St, I am hoping it's just rumor. They seem to be better off in L.A.
yea i've seen some of those folks. also run into the girl from "Felicity" (whatever her name is..), Susan Sarandon. Sean Lennon, Gwen Paltrow, Ice Tea, Ethan Hawke, etc all downtown.. Johnny Depp owned a club by 15th & 7th Ave (Man Ray??). saw Leo DiCaprio hanging outside there smoking a cig. it used to host a few MTV Music Award post parties..it closed though...

i surprisingly saw quite a few celebs up in Fort Lee (Patrick Ewing, Q-Tip, Mary J Blige). probably own phat homes in n. Jerz..

Old 09-08-2008, 09:13 AM

629 posts, read 207,160 times
I know a "FAMOUS" welder that lives in Flushing. The only 2 things he cant weld, is a BROKEN HEART and the CRACK of DAWN! LOL .......

Old 09-08-2008, 11:05 AM

55 posts, read 11,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
yea i've seen some of those folks. also run into the girl from "Felicity" (whatever her name is..), Susan Sarandon. Sean Lennon, Gwen Paltrow, Ice Tea, Ethan Hawke, etc all downtown.. Johnny Depp owned a club by 15th & 7th Ave (Man Ray??). saw Leo DiCaprio hanging outside there smoking a cig. it used to host a few MTV Music Award post parties..it closed though...

i surprisingly saw quite a few celebs up in Fort Lee (Patrick Ewing, Q-Tip, Mary J Blige). probably own phat homes in n. Jerz..

Leo DiCaprio lives at Riverhouse in Battery Park City

Cameron Diaz lives somewhere in West Village

Nicole Richie and her husband have an apartment on the Lower East Side

Tom Cruise + Katie Holmes have a place at Trump Park Avenue

Bill Gates has a condo at Trump United Nations

http://nymag.com/news/people/18842/index4.html

Last edited by EU LP; 09-08-2008 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 09-08-2008, 12:36 PM

1,916 posts, read 5,423,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFan View Post
I'm surprised they'd be so open - I would have thought celebrities would be obsessed by stalkers and other crazies.
That's the point.. no one in NYC really cares that they're celebrities.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:42 PM

3,225 posts, read 5,421,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFan View Post
.................................................. .................................................. ....
actually celebrities blend right in. see, in nyc, everybody is stalked by crazies, sometimes it's difficult to distinguish the stalker from the stalkee, the looney from the sane.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:18 PM

37 posts, read 150,768 times
Lio DiCaprrio lives on Hudson in his eco-friendly home ...

Old 09-08-2008, 08:55 PM

502 posts, read 1,506,350 times
They usually live all over Manhattan: Uptown and Downtown, some parts of Brooklyn like Fort Greene and Park Slope etc. The celebs who live in NYC full time usually live in the burbs like NJ, Westchester or Connecticut.

Vanessa Williams lives in Chappaqua, Mary J and Chris Rock live in Saddle River NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City