U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2007, 01:01 PM

47 posts, read 129,022 times

Advertisements

Any good tips on places to see or eat would be great. Anyone know anything about the Belvedere Hotel. Son sick and taking to yankee game for his lifetime dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 05:10 PM

101 posts, read 285,642 times
Fun in the sun-

First off, God bless you and your son.

I am a lifetime Yankee fan myself and see a game with my father every summer. Not only is Yankee stadium an awesome place it is great to go to with family. I always stay at the Hilton NewYork on Ave. of the America's (6th Ave) in Midtown. Great location and good quality. It is reasonably priced for NYC but good quality.

My father being a restauranteur I have dined at some of the citys best restaurants. What type of food are you interested and maybe I could recommend something you and your son would enjoy.

Take Care and Go Yankees!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 06:53 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,541,977 times
Also, there really isn't a bad seat in Yankee Stadium. I try to get to a game once a year when I head to NY for vacation (family is there) and never had a bad seat.

God Bless you son.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:59 PM

Thanks for all your info. Got game tickets m28 hope those are good, playing the Seattle Mariners,,,thats where we are from,,,, Joey my son has always wanted to see The House That Ruth Buildt before its only history.Any tips would be appreciated,don't know anything about the subways so that will be something totally new to us.,,thanks for all your help

Old 02-05-2007, 07:51 PM

364 posts, read 369,536 times
Fun in the sun-

The subway is very easy. I remember the first time I took it was to Yankee Stadium! Although I'm sure a local resident could tell you better then myself. I visit the area 4-5 times a year. I believe you only change trains one time. When your son gets off in the Bronx it will be an awesome moment when he see's the stadium.

There is a Yankee Clubhouse store in Midtown Manhattan (not sure what street) but it is huge and has all kinds of baseball memrobillia.

May I ask how old your son is and I might be able to recommend some other attractions/restaurants ect.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:47 PM

my son joey is 32, i know this sounds old for me to be taking him but he has had heart problems since he was 3 weeks old.has had 3 heart surgerys and now has a pace-maker and unforuntly not doing too good. my 30 year old daughter is also going, so this will be a great family outing. thank you

Old 02-06-2007, 06:14 PM

101 posts, read 285,642 times
Fun in the sun-

I am very sorry to hear about your son. God bless you and your family.

May I suggest a few restaurant ideas:

Tao in Midtown- Pan Asian food. Great spring rolls, fried rice and sushi. The main attraction there other then the food; a 2 story tall Buda in the dining room. Cool atmosphere.

Jean Georges Vonrichten in Trump Towers- If you enjoy fine dining, this is the tops! You can either dine in the formal dining room or Nougatine, a casual and less pricy setting. Top rated French food.

Brooklyn Cafe- Across from Manhattan, it boasts some of the best views of the city. Casual contempoary food. Basically, you are there for the amazing views.

Various Pizza and Diners- You have to choose your own diner according to ethnic influence, though some have none. I enjoy the diner at 6th Ave and 52ed street. Basic NYC diner. Star Diner. If you enjoy pizza, seeing those NYC style large slices walking by you will be tempted to stop in.

Also, here are some attraction ideas as well:

Pier 17, South Street Seaport- Towards Lower Manhattan (take a cab if you stay in Midtown) Great view of the Financial District. Walk onto the pier. Grab a bite at the food court or a causal waterfront restaurant.

9/11 site- Not much for me to say. I have visted and there is not much to see but the construction for the Freedom Tower as well as large posters of the names of men and women who's lives ended that terrible day.

Central Park- Great, casual walk through the park. The zoo is a great stop.

Walking tours- I always enjoying just strolling and that is the best way to sew the city. Must see Fifth Ave. SoHo is also a nice area to see.

I hope I gave you some ideas to think about.
Take Care.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,686,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun in the sun View Post
Any good tips on places to see or eat would be great. Anyone know anything about the Belvedere Hotel. Son sick and taking to yankee game for his lifetime dream.
Check your messages, I sent you a PM.

BxRosie

Old 02-09-2007, 09:46 PM

492 posts, read 576,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun in the sun View Post
Thanks for all your info. Got game tickets m28
If its a good day hit a round trip on the Staten Island Ferry at Sundown, its the best hour ride in the world.
Good pizza in Staten Island with real New Yorkers 2-bux
**This is a must**

Forget the foreigner, China Grill, Sushi Stuffy hangouts $75 per person, 30 Rock "In Crowd" Baaa
-Joe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or