U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-28-2010, 12:53 PM

6 posts, read 10,350 times
Hey Everyone. I'm a long time lurker and i love these threads about DSNY so i figured it was time to register
Quote:
Originally Posted by captshiner View Post
i posted this in a thread here april 7, may be relevant here if the guy was right:<br />
<br />
i'm not sure if this is new or unknown information to anyone but I called floyd bennet field with a cd l question. apparently the guy on the phone is someone who does the orientations (I had mine in the summer of 08) and he said if a new class ever gets in the works they would start up training again for the driving license before one goes in and do the exact same orientation. meaning since its been six months++ since since the medical/drug test etc, the whole process from the beginning going into manhattan etc. would have to be done all over again<br />
<br />
i forget his full name, last name started with a T
captshiner are you sure you didn't misunderstand? From what I was told by friends and relatives that currently work for DSNY all we have to do is a "mini-medical" which is just blood/drug tests. We won't have to do the hearing/x-ray nor orientation again. I will see if i can get one of my relatives to talk to one of the union reps, maybe they will know for sure.

Oh and Good Luck to everyone on the list and lets all cross our fingers for a class this year!!! Never did I think I would wait this long with a list# of 59x

Unread 05-28-2010, 01:17 PM

1,810 posts, read 3,749,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYStrongest View Post
Hey Everyone. I'm a long time lurker and i love these threads about DSNY so i figured it was time to register captshiner are you sure you didn't misunderstand? From what I was told by friends and relatives that currently work for DSNY all we have to do is a "mini-medical" which is just blood/drug tests. We won't have to do the hearing/x-ray nor orientation again. I will see if i can get one of my relatives to talk to one of the union reps, maybe they will know for sure.

Oh and Good Luck to everyone on the list and lets all cross our fingers for a class this year!!! Never did I think I would wait this long with a list# of 59x
Welcome to the only DSNY 6063 related thread anywhere. I hope you make it whenever the next class begins. The longer that you wait for something that you want badly,the more rewarding it will be once you get it.

Unread 05-28-2010, 01:49 PM

372 posts, read 534,294 times
your medical is only good for 6months...after that you have to take everything again...i should know i take the medical for the nov. 2007 class they didnt reach my number and then 7-8 months later i got called for the july 2008 class n had to start the medical all over again....i guess they figure you could break something or go deaf in those 6months lol....

Unread 05-28-2010, 01:54 PM

473 posts, read 558,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
your medical is only good for 6months...after that you have to take everything again...i should know i take the medical for the nov. 2007 class they didnt reach my number and then 7-8 months later i got called for the july 2008 class n had to start the medical all over again....i guess they figure you could break something or go deaf in those 6months lol....
That is probably because Nov 07 was for one exam and July 08 was for a different exam. Did you have to take the physical again, the one where you had to move the pails and simulate throwing out garbage?

Unread 05-28-2010, 01:54 PM

231 posts, read 275,640 times
Quote:
Your situation might have been different since that was 2 different lists. November 07 was the last class of the previous list and july was the first one of 6063

Unread 05-28-2010, 02:04 PM

473 posts, read 558,089 times
Just looking up some of my paperwork. I took my cdl training with dsny and my road test was May 8, 2008 for the July 7, 2008 class.
It is now almost june and nobody has heard anything, so figure there are no classes this summer. If nobody hears anything by the end of summer then there are no new classes this year.

Unread 05-28-2010, 05:31 PM

6 posts, read 10,350 times
Quote:
Your probably right. You know what they say... "what they say and what they do are two different things"... lol

Unread 05-29-2010, 06:46 AM

1,810 posts, read 3,749,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deac39 View Post
I got mine cause at DMV I saw a guy freaking out last time there was a class saying I need to take it cause he failed the one sanatation offers . And I was like why not get it ahead of time and have no worries ..? I don't do drugs .. In good shape .. Pay my taxes ... And really want to be on the DSNY lol what else I need to say... One day... =)
Dude, have you tried emailing Doherty? I have had no luck. Not even an automated reply. Has he ever come inside your bar where you work before? Both of you live on Staten Island,just wondering....

April 28,2010

Dear Mr. Cooper(maybe I should have used another alias)

The Department has received your communication regarding a Sanitation related issue and has processed your comments for review. We will respond to you directly with the result of our review.

Thank you for your comments.

Sincerely,

Mercedes Callender
Assistant to the Commissioner

Unread 06-01-2010, 06:45 AM

353 posts, read 415,941 times
na talked to bloomberg twice .... was telling him the 20 new trees he planted in front of my home will affect my plumbing in 10 years and on 4th of july about hiring for the city and he told me "well see" we dont got a big dsny crowd in our area in SI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Dude, have you tried emailing Doherty? I have had no luck. Not even an automated reply. Has he ever come inside your bar where you work before? Both of you live on Staten Island,just wondering....

April 28,2010

Dear Mr. Cooper(maybe I should have used another alias)

The Department has received your communication regarding a Sanitation related issue and has processed your comments for review. We will respond to you directly with the result of our review.

Thank you for your comments.

Sincerely,

Mercedes Callender
Assistant to the Commissioner

Unread 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM

353 posts, read 415,941 times
Will we get a better idea come July 1st...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City